Wyvern´s Agonising Venom

GorbadIronClaw

Question

Hi!

Agonising Venom: If an enemy model suffers a wound from Skullmuncha’s Barbed, Venomous Tail, but is not slain, roll a dice at the end of the turn. On a 4 or more, that model suffers a mortal wound as it doubles over in violent paroxysms.

The tail´s damage value is 3, so, if I inflicted 3 wounds,  should I roll  one dice only or one dice per wound? And if all are 4+, then I inflict 3 mortal wounds on my opponent, right?

6 answers to this question

I see what you mean, but still I would see it this way if they have said "suffers at least one wound / any wounds" or "is wounded"...that´s the way they normally explain it when the mechanic works as you pointed O.o

It says specifically "one wound"..."one dice"...so if I inflict 3 wounds, wouldn´t be it 3 dice to roll?

???

I think @daedalus81 got this right in his first answer.  Although the wording of the text is quite fuzzy, it's still "a dice" at the end of the turn.  It's hinged on the fact the target model wasn't slain rather than the rest of the damage caused by the attack, basically the model may be poisoned (and a model can only be poisoned once).

If it were per point of damage the wording would likely be "roll a dice at the end of the turn for each wound suffered".

Archived