Skullreapers. How do they work?

kozokus

Question

Hello.

The french translation team that manage warscrolls and rules is a fail, that is not new (Typos are ok, but mistakes, translation errors and rules rewriting are unacceptable).

I just realised that the rule rewriting of the skullreapers seems to be deeper than i thought.

Can someone explain me clearly how it works for you, english readers, for the ability "Daemonforged Weapon" of the Skullreapers.

Just to be clear, here is the french rules : "if the hit roll is 6 or more, the daemon trapped inside wakes up. If the wound roll of this attack succeeds, the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to other damage. If the wound roll gives 1, the attacking unit suffers D3 mortal wounds instead!"

I wont talk about the stupid D3 mortal wound  on yourself typo.

My question is : You roll a 6, do you score a mortal wound, regardless of the sucess of the wound roll of that attack (except if you roll a 1) ?

Thanks in advance. :D

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

Hello.

The french translation team that manage warscrolls and rules is a fail, that is not new (Typos are ok, but mistakes, translation errors and rules rewriting are unacceptable).

I just realised that the rule rewriting of the skullreapers seems to be deeper than i thought.

Can someone explain me clearly how it works for you, english readers, for the ability "Daemonforged Weapon" of the Skullreapers.

Just to be clear, here is the french rules : "if the hit roll is 6 or more, the daemon trapped inside wakes up. If the wound roll of this attack succeeds, the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to other damage. If the wound roll gives 1, the attacking unit suffers D3 mortal wounds instead!"

I wont talk about the stupid D3 mortal wound  on yourself typo.

My question is : You roll a 6, do you score a mortal wound, regardless of the sucess of the wound roll of that attack (except if you roll a 1) ?

Thanks in advance. :D

It's pronounced "magnets". (Lil' juggalo humour there...)

But the team actually have it. If you roll a 6 to hit, then the wound roll will inflict a mortal wound on a 2+.

It's possibly confusing because mortal wounds normally signal skipping the rest of the attack sequence - but it's the wound roll that generates it, not the hit roll.

So, the french community uses other rules than the others?

When I read the warscroll in the Blades of Khorne Battletome in my app the part you underlined isn't there and it the unit only sufferes 1 mortal wound on a woundroll of 1 (and there is no Errata that this was changed in the english rules).

19 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

This is no isolated case sadly. When reading your french battletome, you have to double-ckeck with the english version to be sure of what you read.

Just to quote some of them :

-Arkhan's spell is only one dice instead of ten (FAQed)

-In the reprint of the Khorne Battletome, those lazy boys simply skipped the changes on a lot of warscrolls like the infinite dispell of the Mighty Lord.

-Same with the Stormcast battletome, where the Knight Vexxilor enjoyed his -60 points but stayed the same. (If memory serves, the Azyros and the Warriors chamber got the same treatment)

-Tzeentch daemon general with arch sorcerer could choose spells in the destiny Lore.

-Shadespire : to score Khorne's champion, only one of YOUR guys have to be alive, don't count the ennemies.

-Shadespire : Aversion to death , they swapped "ennemy" and "friendly"

-Gavriel Sureheart wound on 2+ instead of 3+

-The Cycle of Nurgle goes from N°6 to N°1 (you skip the N°7 when you let the cycle goes normally)

-In the 40k Daemon codex there was  entire pages around the feculent gnarlmaw's dataslate that where not even translated from english (corrected-new prints don't have that)

I'll stop here, the list is so long i could spend hours to note them. Some french podcasters where a bit angry to get this for the price you pay the books.

The strange part is that the fluff part is nicely translated and almost flawless, some names are even very inspired "Désécrateur Sanglant" is quite a good translation for Bloodsecrator as "Fouette-sang" for the bloodstocker (actually, NAMES are not translated in the battletomes but this is present in other fluff pieces).

Archived