Struggling to come up with a 1K list for any legion!

Dracothjay

My 1k list at present is Grand host:

Necromancer,  Pinions - 110

Wight King with blade and shield, general, trait lord of nagashizzar and balefire lantern - 120

5 Dire wolves - 60

20 Grave guard with sword n board - 320

20 skeletons - spears

2 Morghast Archai - 220

Total 990

9 hours ago, Thostos said:

Arkhan the Black 320

Morghast Harbingers 220

40 skeletons 280

10 dogs 120

10 Zombies 60

Pretty much my staple 1k now,,3-0 with it and no one even came close to winning against it.

Nice list! I’m thinking this:

legion if Nagash:

vampire lord flying horror - general - lord of nagashizzar or ancient strategist - grave sand timeglass - SPELL: amaranthine orb

necromancer - SPELL: overwhelming dread

10 dire wolves

40 skeletons

2 morghast archai

3 spirit host (summoning purposes)

so with this legion my archai get +1 attack for free, another +1 from my vampire if I chose to. With my spells, I’ve made my vamp lord quite offensive with amaranthine orb. Could cause some damage. Also, I’m contemplating amethystine pinions just to push him up quicker to support my archai if needed. 

My necromance will huddle close to the skellies, using vanhels or overwhelming dread when needed. 

Spirit host will roadblock or objective cap.

dogs will roadblock or objective cap.

skellies and archai will push up and support each other.

thoughts?

18 hours ago, Thostos said:

Arkhan the Black 320

Morghast Harbingers 220

40 skeletons 280

10 dogs 120

10 Zombies 60

Pretty much my staple 1k now,,3-0 with it and no one even came close to winning against it.

Heya, how do you handle armies that can dish out 12 mortal wounds a turn and taking out Arkhan immediately?

1 hour ago, Takaloy said:

Heya, how do you handle armies that can dish out 12 mortal wounds a turn and taking out Arkhan immediately?

In a 1k game its rather rare to have an army that can dish 12 morts a turn,,though I did play against a Tzeench force that had skyfires and 2 casters,,they killed Arkhan and one of the Harbingers,,still couldnt stop the Skellies and the Dogs from swarming the objectives.

Basically you dont need to have Arkhan in their face straight away,,keep him back and throw everyone else forward.

Also,I run Grand Host,,since I didnt list it in my first post:)

cool, I've just only started AOS. by starting meaning I've not actually played a single game haha. I've only gotten the skeleton horde set and all that but a guy at the store got two assassin mammoths that deals 6 mortal wounds a turn on a 2+. was wondering what we can do to stop such a move.

5 minutes ago, Takaloy said:

cool, I've just only started AOS. by starting meaning I've not actually played a single game haha. I've only gotten the skeleton horde set and all that but a guy at the store got two assassin mammoths that deals 6 mortal wounds a turn on a 2+. was wondering what we can do to stop such a move.

Those are Thunderstusks,,if hes packing two of those in a 1k game I would just take blobs of summonable only units and swarm him.Hes sounds like a "WAAC" player,,thats "Win at all costs".Hes got over 700 points wrapped up into those,and if you just take dogs,skellies and even 10+ strong units of cavalry he will be dissapointed,heh

this is what ive been running & seems to work pretty well with double piling in spirit hosts & healing

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Vile Transference (Vampires)
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Cairn Wraith (60)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
9 x Spirit Hosts (360)
- Nighthaunt Battleline

Total: 970 / 2000

Archived