5x Dire Wolves - 60 

5x Dire Wolves - 60

x12 Spirit Hosts - 480

x20 Black Knights - 480

Lords of Sacrament Batallion - 70

Total 1990/2000

need some help with tweaks before I commit purchase and Painting wise. ^^

thank you so much! 

The massive units of knights and spirit hosts simply won't be useful, most of the time most of the units won't be able to attack due to lack of space.  You would be much better off with several smaller units imo. Plus you gain more from summonable benefits when you have more units. 

@Arael_Greywings @TheWilddog @themortalgod @Richelieu

Thanks for all the comments guys! My idea with the Black Knights is that they are very hard to remove form play and can spread out to lock up several units in combat. Healing back wounds and models with all gravesites and heroes. I could even put down mystic shield to get them even more durable. The spirit hosts can fly so jump over and attack from behind. But perhaps 6 of them would be enough.

I'm trying to avoid skeletons as they are the go-to for Death armies atm. Perhaps I need a block to not lose every game tho :D

Thanks again!

20 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

@Arael_Greywings @TheWilddog @themortalgod @Richelieu

Thanks for all the comments guys! My idea with the Black Knights is that they are very hard to remove form play and can spread out to lock up several units in combat. Healing back wounds and models with all gravesites and heroes. I could even put down mystic shield to get them even more durable. The spirit hosts can fly so jump over and attack from behind. But perhaps 6 of them would be enough.

I'm trying to avoid skeletons as they are the go-to for Death armies atm. Perhaps I need a block to not lose every game tho :D

Thanks again!

Don't avoid the skellies^^ They make a really good Battleline, and you need 3 of them at 2k.

ive been running units of 9 spirit hosts, with a double pile in and damned is basically delete a monter / elite unit

idk why people skim over them with fly and ignore rend is awesome for 360 points imo

5 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

According to my completely debatable Excel skills, Spirit Hosts are absolutely among the most point efficient damage dealers we have.5a99ca4aa70db_Screenshot2018-03-0215_03_25.png.da0b3b824e7c2cabe93a4ec677bac6e0.png

Interesting, though its also important to note that any sort of -1 to hit aura hurts spirit hosts more than most other units in the game. (about a 75% damage output reduction  against a 5+ save enemy). They are also quite slow which is hard to quantify but does have an impact on how much damage they do. Spirit hosts are certainly strong, but it isn't quite as clear-cut as you suggest. 

PS: That spreadsheet is damn awesome dude, good job. Do you build them for all armies?

12 hours ago, themortalgod said:

PS: That spreadsheet is damn awesome dude, good job. Do you build them for all armies?

Hey thanks!  It's new, and I'm still trying to refine it.  Only have it for Death at the moment, but its pretty plug and play right now, so adding should be straight-forward.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, Arael_Greywings said:

Don't avoid the skellies^^ They make a really good Battleline, and you need 3 of them at 2k.

Well, I am not as concerned about having the spirit hosts delete units as I am to having them be a pain in the ass to take of the table. With the Spell Lore and slinging a ****** ton of them with this list, I do think I can debuff a bunch of units to get less attacks, less dmg, etc etc. Which makes them great, in addition to dealing mortal wounds. And I like that the models look hella cool! B|

Yeah that spreadsheet looks awesome @Lemon Knuckles Well done indeed!

Archived