Brayherd help

dasdom

In the coming months, I will be playing Brayherd in a Firestorm campaign against both Disciples of Tzeench (fairly demonheavy as far as I know) and Seraphon... both armies have a battletome and seem a lot more powerful then my Goatpeople...so how do I beat them? Any suggestions what would be good against them?

Play objectives, stay out of range as best you can of their magic, don't try and engage Saurus or Skyfires/Tzaangors in combat. Take Bestial Cunning for bringing reinforcements on later in game. 40 Ungor Raiders with Brayblast Trumpet will hurt your opponents key pieces. Take one Monster Ally that can deal some bigger damage if needed. Flood the board with goats.

mmmh...ok...what do you think of this list as a baseline?

Beastlord (80)- General- Man-ripper Axe & Brayshield- Artefact : Brayblast Trumpet
10 x Gors (80)-Gor-Blades & Beastshields
10 x Gors (80)-Two Gor-Blades
40 x Ungor Raiders (360)
1 x Tuskgor Chariots (60)
Ghorgon (200)
- Allies
Total: 1000 /1000
Allies: 200 / 200
Leaders: 1/4 Battlelines: 4 (2+) Behemoths: 1/2 Artillery: 0/2

5 hours ago, dasdom said:

mmmh...ok...what do you think of this list as a baseline?

Beastlord (80)- General- Man-ripper Axe & Brayshield- Artefact : Brayblast Trumpet
10 x Gors (80)-Two Gor-Blades
40 x Ungor Raiders (360)
Ghorgon (200)
- Allies
Leaders: 1/4 Battlelines: 4 (2+) Behemoths: 1/2 Artillery: 0/2

I think you definitely want a Bray Shaman or two. Their personal spell isn't great, but the fact is you have Bestial Surge inbuilt into them, meaning your army gets more mobile while around the Bray Shamans.

Would probably say they're more important than the Beastlord, especially since the Herdstone benefits their casting as well.

I think at some point you're also going to need to get some Bestigor. Bestigor are basically the strongest unit in terms of killing power within the Brayherds allegiance. There are other killy stuff out there (like in Warherds, common allies) but there's only so far 200/400 points of allies will go.

So overall, good luck! Sadly I think the Brayherds even with allegiance abilities just don't have a huge amount to them other than throwing gor-bodies across the field. They're missing a little something that makes them work. I think the lack of powerful units they lost in the great split (Warherds/Monsters of Chaos) is one aspect, but also the lack of good magic/buff options is another. So a spell lore might go a long way to making Brayherds more competitive.

It's a bit sad that we only have one formation to choose from, and that half of it is basically the allegiance ability, which makes it hilariously overpriced. The buff from the wildstalker beastherd or even from the (sadly beastmen allegiance) furious brayherd would really help... I feel like the brayherd was seriously nerfed with the GHB2017.

I could swap one of the chariot and Gorherds for 10 Bestigors, if you think that would help. (I'm an old beastmenplayer from Fantasy, I have an Whfb army of 3000+ points... there are few units I don't have. I only dabbeled in AoS so far, had a few games with the first GHB.)

If you are to bring allies I would say fill with MW in the form of Chimeras or jabberslythe. The first one is very powerful in general and the second can hold obj in CC very well as your opponent's strategy want to be NOT attacking you ( the main form of dmg output from the jabberslythe is to bleed on our enemies when they are wounded

other than that they are pretty bad in CC too). This will leave you with much more space to make other decisions.

Cygors are a good addition but i say not too reliable they can land some good rock and maybe scare some average wizard but against Tzeencth and Seraphon imo they are nothing special.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:48 AM, dasdom said:

I could swap one of the chariot and Gorherds for 10 Bestigors, if you think that would help

10 Bestigors....meh....if you just wanna have bodies I guess they are ok like meatshield but at that point i ll waste some gors or ungors for that. I would not field less than 20 or even 30 bestigors

I looked over the list and I think I found a way to cram to shaman in:

Brayshaman (90)
30 x Gors (210)-Gor-Blades & Beastshields
40 x Ungor Raiders (360)
Ghorgon (200)
- Allies
Leaders: 2/4 Battlelines: 2 (2+) Behemoths: 1/2 Artillery: 0/2

I came up with this list the other day;

Allegiance: Brayherd
Great Bray Shaman (90)- General
- Trait: Scion of the Dark Gods 
Beastlord (80)- Man-ripper Axe & Brayshield
- Artefact: Brayblast Trumpet 
30 x Bestigors (360)
10 x Gors (80)- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
40 x Ungors (200)- Shortspears & Half-Shields
3 x Tuskgor Chariots (180)
Total: 990 / 1000

The Bestigors turtle up with the shaman who puts Mystic Shield on them, ready to surge forward with his movement bonus when needed.

Beastlord and chariots ambush.

Small unit of Gors for home objective and big unit of Ungors for screening/harassing.

You could drop the Gors or 10 x Bestigors and take a second Shaman for more unbinding attempts if needed against a mag opponent, possibly ambushing with the second shaman to ensure he is in range of their casters.

Archived