Rule Question - Khorne Related - Daemonic Axe + GoreCleaver

StePava

Hi, I have a question related to the sequence of application of a rule; in particular, if a Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut that has this weapon:

Daemonic Axe: If the wound roll for an attack made with the Wrathforged Axe is 6 or more, the daemon bound within awakens and guides the strike. The attack inflicts 3 wounds rather than D3.

and this artifact:

Gorecleaver: Pick one of this HERO’s melee weapons to be a Gorecleaver. Attacks from Gorecleaver inflict an additional -1Rend (for example, a weapon with a Rend characteristic of -1becomes -2 instead). In addition, any wound rolls of 6 made with this weapon inflict a number of mortal wounds equal to the weapon’s Damage characteristic instead of being resolved normally.

Which one has precedence? Meaning, if I roll a 6 (and not clear if a natural 6 or it can be affected by modifiers) what happen? The application of 3 damage instead of D3 damage comes first so the Mortal Wounds are exactly 3 or the second rule takes precedence meaning that the "pure" damage characteristic of the weapon is used meaning that I deal D3 mortal wounds?

thanks

Thanks,

I also read the two abilities like that, but I have some friends which I play with that read in a different way (the pure damage characteristic is D3, so the mortal wounds are D3).

Please, can you indicate which is the page number / paragraph of the GH2017 where the rule for "triggering" the abilities is written? So I can prove my friends they are wrong :-) :-) ;-)

Killax is correct.  This has been asked and answered multiple times in the "Let's chat" thread (no harm in asking again though), and is a standard part of the Khorne arsenal.  Also lots of fun to use ;)

In terms of where to look for confirmation of this, there's a reference in the FAQ (under "abilities) that directs you to the "hints and tips for warscrolls" section, which is printed in most army books.  For Blades of Khorne it's page 125, and the section you're after is "When to use abilities".

FMB

Archived