Altar of Sacrifice

Redmanphill

It looks like I’m not the only one to have thought of building a temple to Morathi, @Richelieuis going a more traditional route than me but I’m still within the sphere of Grecian influence. When I saw the recent video I thought I’d just knock up something quick. Weeks later I’m still not done but slowly getting there.

I’m going for a more rural sacrificial altar, something to represent a damned piece of terrain in the rules.  I want maximum playability too so I’ve kept everything flat. The whole thing is cast in plaster with the texture added in with a sculpting tool. I felt that the rune needed to be prominent so I placed it right I’m the centre. 

The three smaller altars will flank the central one, giving at least the impression that models can gain cover. It total I’ll have six of these altars. I’d toyed with the idea of having the whole thing mirror the old Dark Elf pantheon mandala but that’s a little to excessive.

the next things I have to do is weather everything, get the three additional altars sculpted and mount them on a base. I’ll be adding foliage and such. Hopefully another week or two will see me finished.

A1EFEF05-03DE-4343-B79C-6827C9E74AF0.jpeg

16C3DB69-BBFE-487E-9E38-5D5A612CA2E4.jpeg

0A78D3B3-A9CD-4E45-8A97-6BBAE03BC3CB.jpeg

On 11/2/2018 at 8:52 PM, Richelieu said:

Lookin' great!  Sometimes I do think mine is a bit overly ambitious, lol.  

It’s just different ideas, I was trying to get something done quick so I didn’t go elaborate. Sadly my imagination went a bit wild and I’m left with a bigger project than intended.

Archived