Stormcast against Fyreslayera List Advice

SantaCruzer

Hi,

my next matchup is againt Fyreslayers, for me first time facing these Little red men ;-).

The first checkout of the dwarfen Warscrolls makes me a litte afraid, wich list i have to build with my Stormcasts.  The Point-Limit is around 1500 Points (max. 1600).

Normaly i would build a Hammerstrike List likes this (i know, the Battalion is a way too expensive til GHB 2017):

1 Lord Celestand  oF (100)

1 Lord Relictor (80)

1 x5 Liberators (100)

2 x 5 Judicators (320)

2 x 5  Retributors (440)

1 x 5  Decimators (200)

1 x 3 Prosecutors (100)

Hammerstrike Force (220)

1560 Points

My alternative List i was something like this:

1 Lord Aquilor (200)

1 Lord Relictor (80)

2 x 5 Judicator (320)

2 x 5 Vanguard Hunter (280)

1 x 5 Retributors (220)

2 x 3 Vanguard Raptors w Longstrike Crossbows (360)

...?

1460 Points

Could someone give me an advice what will be the most efficent way to face the litte hairy guys?  Wich list you would prefer? How do i have to tweak the List or do you recommend something totaly different?

Sorry i have no Stradrake,  Fulimantors or Tempestors.

Big Thx in advance.

Sorry for my bad englisch, i write you from Germany ;-)

In the meantime  i have made somer furthemore thoughts and came to this alternative List:

Lord Celestant (Staunch Defender, Mirrorschield)

Lord Relictor (Lightning Chariot), as teleporting Plan B, teleporting Celestant to the Palladin Action)

1 x Prosecutors w Hammers

2 x 5 Retributors  (Deepstrike)

2 x 5 Liberators (mainly for folding objectives)

1 x 5 Judicators (supporting holdig objectives)

1 x 3 Vanguard Raptors Longstrike (for sniping the supporting Heroes, decimation of units, esp. minimize Unit-Size of the Berzerkers)

1 x 3 Vanguard Raptors Longstrike (for sniping the supporting Heroes, decimation of Units,esp. minimize Unit-Size of the Berzerkers )

Hammerstrikeforce

I know, i have to be aware to keep the Raptors alive (hoping that the Fyerlsayer didn't uns their tunnel abilty). But i think the Raptors are important, because i need something to break the Support of the Heroes and to make it easier to destroy the greater units of berzerkers

Any Suggestions ? ;-)

Do  you know what fyreslayers list you're going to face? It's probably close to 100 models.

If they're like 2 x 30 x vulkites, 30 x Hearthguard, 2 x Runesmiters and a Battlesmith or some such combination, your best bet is skyborn slayers if you've the models (Stardrake is your best best bet):

In short,

• Getting a 1 drop option (or low drop) so you can choose to go first (before any immunities or rerolls or bonuses are added)
  • Getting your ranged onto the 'smith (or any non-tunneling heroes) - they'll be screened too well (probably) for alpha
  • Sitting the rest on objectives within range of staunch defenders
  • Bunkering defensively (they shouldn't kill you fast without battleshock and without luck for their rend rune roll)

Then...

survive_tropic_thunder.gif

If they get on objectives first it's game over. You're just not shifting enough fyreslayers.

O.o...you're scaring me.

I ve never played before against Fyreslayers and i didn't know anything about his list. I just study some Warscrolls.  Sadly, i don't have an Stardrake in my collection. The Core of the Skyborne Batallion costs 1260 Points, that's very expensive. To get some more shooting power, when i Play the Skyborn Slayer Option,   i would add some Raptors, but 6 of them costs me 360 Points, that's to much for an max. Point-Limit of 1600.

Hmmm.... do i have to be afraid so much ? ;-)

1 hour ago, SantaCruzer said:

O.o...you're scaring me.

I ve never played before against Fyreslayers and i didn't know anything about his list. I just study some Warscrolls.  Sadly, i don't have an Stardrake in my collection. The Core of the Skyborne Batallion costs 1260 Points, that's very expensive. To get some more shooting power, when i Play the Skyborn Slayer Option,   i would add some Raptors, but 6 of them costs me 360 Points, that's to much for an max. Point-Limit of 1600.

Hmmm.... do i have to be afraid so much ? ;-)

Well afraid and afraid. It is going to be a challenge so enjoy it! It should feel against the odds for Sce v fyreslayers at 1500. Ask if you can borrow 20 of his vulkites as allies and even the odds! 

Also it depends on how tunnely your opposition is. 

If your opponents knows how to play Fyteslayer, SE stands very little chance. Basically, none of you can hit the other hard enough, but they have way more models to capture the objectives. And, if they are lucky with the Rend Rune phase, actually they have chance to directly beat the ****** out of your golden clad.

Decimators + Blessed Weapon + Furious retribution= profit! You could supstitute Decimators with retributors and also see piles of slayers die.

I have found that their characters  arent that impressive and die quite easily. Also try to position yourself so that he only gets small amount of his dorfs to pile into melee range (unless you use decimators). Lord Castellant would also be huge boon for your list to make stormcast sturdier.

Also if the scenario is scorched earth he will have to leave 3 units to guard his objectives and mere foot heroes are poor choises for that since they only boast mere 5-6 wounds. This is where your superior ranged power will shine and your deepstricking units or vanguard hunters are huge threath.

Thx for all advices. It seems to be an hard match this evening :-) I think my opponents knows his army, but havn't got a lot of playing experiences, esp. again SCE. The advice, to play Skyborne Slayers seems to be a good option, but i will try to survive with my list ;-) I think it will also depend on the Scenario, that is rolled.

I would try to start with putting all of my units in the Realm, except of the Lord Relictor, Judicators an Raptors. I hope to get the first turn so  that i can drop the Liberators on the free objectives, to  motivate the opponent to get out of his starting positions. Then in the second turn, i would look out for the biggest threat, to get out my Hammerstrike Force (in the optimal case also near an objektive)....(in the meantime the Raptors trie to get some heroes and the Liberators do some supporting fire). I hope that the Hammerstrike creates enough Attention, to bind enough Fyreslayers, so that i can hold some objectives a little bit longer.

Archived