Equipping Bonesplitterz

Soulsmith

9 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

With the GH leaks came the news of new bonesplitterz and beastclaw riders. No word on when but it's coming soon.

New units and a lot of battalions

Yep. Looks a little like the actual units may be similar to the Crypt Flayer option for the Flesh Eater Court (i.e. just new ways to use the new existing models), but there are at least a few new characters from the look of things.

Also, lots of new battalions and likely new command traits artefacts spells etc. Should be an exciting release.

I'm so excited for the new Savage Orruk stuff. Can't wait to see what they do with the Big Stabbas now that they seems to have their own unit? I hope the boyz still get their Big Stabba.

As for the original question? For now I like to run them with choppas an' shanks in units of 30. With the Warboss's command ability you get 4 attacks per model, rerolls on failed hit rolls for having more than 20 models, and three Big Stabbas with 3 attacks and the rerolls for hit.

Lots of damage and mortal wounds mitigation.

3 hours ago, Dez said:

I'm excited for this myself, I'm hoping for a box set like the Flesh Eaters (whatevs) one.

Yup! Hoping for another great value box to bolster my Savage Orruks!

I'm rebasing my Bonesplittas this week in preparation for my new Battletome. I won't be assembling any additional models until I've seen the new rules though.

I'll be very interested to see what the difference between Savage Orruk Boarboyz and Savage Orruk Maniak Boarboyz are.

Huh well this is exciting news! From way back when the plastics were new I got some boar boyz, so I guess I'll wait before chopping the spear hands off! I was assuming that two choppas might be better in AoS was all.

The Maniak boarboyz may be the two choppas? The old army book always stated they were the only boar boyz mad enough to not hang on to the boar with at least one hand.

Archived