Stormcast boxes, how to build units?

GeneralZero

Hi,

I am now a AOS hobbyist!  I've received several boxes to build my first army. The problem that I have is that I don't know how to build my units and which options they have.

Here is the list of boxes:

- Warhammer main box

- Stat collecting box (i've been told it is a must have to complete the main box)

- Stardrake

- judicator

- dracohtian

- knight  venator (Knight-Azyros?)

Lord-Castellant

- Knight-Vexillor

So, here are my problems: how to equip them? I don't want to magnetize them.

In these boxes, is the an option to put a special weapon on one of Liberators?

judicators: all with bows?

special characters: what weapon? the celestan on dracoh of the Starter, any option? the others, how to equip them?

the dracothian: I'm going to fulminators

knight  venator or Knight-Azyros : I'm enclined to play the sniper...

Stardrake, how to equip the celestan?

the retributors of the 2 boxes(SC+starter):  how to equip?

thank you in advance for your inputs.

I have almost all of the same boxes you got and I found the best bet is

The main box doesnt have an option for a shield on the Lord Celestant on Dracoth so I ended up using an extra shield from the Start Collecting box. The Liberators from the start collecting box have options for great weapons but the liberators from the main box don't. I made a cool conversion for a liberator using a hammer from the dracothian guard box, as I too made Fulminators.

The Judicators should definitely wield bows.  They are so much better than crossbows.

Venator is great, especially with a luckstone artifact from the Stormcast book. Azyros can be pretty good with a shooting heavy army, but Venator is probably more useful with the stuff you have.

I dont think the retributors have any options for a starsoul mace, so all will have hammers.

On 16/01/2018 at 12:06 PM, GeneralZero said:

judicators: all with bows?

Definitly. And the Speshul bow on the Prime

On 16/01/2018 at 12:06 PM, GeneralZero said:

Stardrake, how to equip the celestan?

If taking a Lord Celestant, go with the hammer. If you go Templar, the lance is a nice weapon.

Other weapons are ok but i think thoses are the best.

Do yourself a massive favour and use the 3rd special shield from the Dracothian Guard box on your Celestant on Dracoth from the starter set. Sits on his arm perfectly and it looks like it belongs there.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

TY guys!

What's about the Celestan on dracoh of the start box? I have the weapons of my dracothain boxes so, what is the best equipment for this mounted celestant?

His weapon is the Tempestos Hammer, and imo the best option for him. Also The Venator is a very good hero to play around with, can't go too wrong there. And as others have mentioned, go for bows on Judicators and equip the prime with the Shockbolt Bow. You want that menace to hit on a 2+!

Archived