Okami

Hey Hey Everyone

So Last Year i got stuck in Sylvaneth did well with them and no playing around with fun lists that arnt Gnarlroot. 
I did Death path (Which ill go back to one day or maybe sooner, depending on discussion here). My death list did really well and i didn't enjoy playing it as most of my opponents complained how ****** it was so I have decided to retire it sadly. 

So im looking at doing a destruction project, Low model count, that is why I have picked these two armies. Looking to take to events to be not ultra competitive but enough to have fun and laugh and do destruction things. My choice for BCR is because I love the big models including morfang which are quite big IMO for a battleline unit.  Command Traits etc arn't included in these lists just going by rule of cool and models of course. 

BCR list:

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Trait: Everwinter's Master 
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- Blood Vulture 
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar 

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
- Gargant Hackers 
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers 
Thundertusk Beastriders (360)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97

IRONJAWZ List:

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (620)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Daubing of Mork 

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Gorefist (220)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

Both list i think have some flavour in them and as you can see i definitely want to do a mounted heavy army. As they are low model count and look awesome. 

Remember i'm looking for a fun list just to take to events and have a laugh. Im open for suggestions in things but im intrigued on peopels thoughts on these two lists and which one you think will be more enjoyable to play (Remember winning all the time isnt all that enjoyable) just rolling some dice doing some fun damage is what im looking for. 

Note: IM NOT GOING TO SWAP GORDRAK FOR A VANILLA MEGABOSS ON MAWKRUSHER

Peace
xoxo 
Okami 

Ironjaw playstyle is really fitting with their fluff with smashin and bashin allowing for fun tactics and bet big, win big style gameplay. Also your great synergies give you lots of buffs and reliable damage. 5 buffed brutes will kill anything so its safe to split them into 2x5.

Run and charge with stonehorn is fun, but your random everwinter is pretty passive and your guys mostly just miss a lot. Command ability pretty meh and no spells, no warchanter style dude. They're meant as 'powerful on their own don't need no buffs' dudes, but  really, on damage and defense they can't hang. 

Since the GH2017 I've tried about 20ish games with pure BCR (in a semi-competitive, local/smaller events catered towards 20-30 people) or BRC with allies and... it was grim. My most successful game was something along lines of two cheap thundertusks, couple o` mourfangs and gnoblars\goblins spam in allies just to get some bodies. This setup landed me a couple of won games and a broken heart. Those were games vs non-optimized armies (or fun armies) or vs non-experienced players. Old gaming buddies just wiped the floor with 1 damage spam (the reason I've dropped stonehorns, even tho I love them) or pure body count on objectives (not to mention aggressive MW spamming lists).

I strongly suggest using BCR as allies/addition to mixed destruction / campaign-narrative game

Archived