More Bang for my Stormcast Dollar

generalchaos34

So I recently racked up some store credit at frontline and I am looking to expand my stormcasts. 

I am running into the issue of whether or not to pick up a Stardrake or a Vanguard Brotherhood box (the price is within $20 its not too far off)?

On one hand, Super Cool Giant Monster, on the other a whole lot more bodies to expand out my current collection (I have starter+ get started box+blightwar) but im not sure how good a lot of vanguard would do. Im not looking to be super competitive but I am looking for a lot of fun. 

Baring that I could also buy one of each of the heroes to round everything out (but thats boring)

what do you guys think?

I started the same way.  Since you have such a wide variety of models already, I'd go for the stardrake.  Looks great and plays great.  There's a certain satisfaction to playing with giant monsters that I think is absent when you play with a bunch of little guys.

I think im going to go with the star drake, thanks for the input! Now another big question, if i have a lord on dracoth, lord on foot, naeve, and a relictor who is the next must have hero to round out my order? Im thinking an Azyros/venator, becaus its looks great and sniper arrows are cool, but the Castellant and the Heraldor also look pretty good.  Also aquilors seem to be a must have for mobility. Why are all the fun stormcast heroes so darn expensive?

If you have a stardrake then you need a lord Castellant (and he is also and amazing model) 

next up id say Venator (if you already have a relictor) imo the Venator is one of the best point for point units in the game (and also fills a great job in an sce army) 

I'd go for a Lord-Castellant, he's got a good buff and hits like a mac truck. The Venator is decent if you rely on a bunch of shooting and the Azyros is a sniper but does nothing for your army. That's just my preference though; I like using heroes that buff my units rather than a straight-up beat-stick.

Archived