Allies for Ironjawz

Lucio

So my Tzeentch Arcanite's army collection is nearly finished and I'm looking at another small AoS force to sit along side them, the Undead, and my hybrid 40k/AoS Ork Infantry (Steampunk looking Orks, lots of spare bitz attached, raised from the dead by a crazy Painboy/Dr Frakenstein type)

With that in mind, I'm leaning towards Ironjawz but want to sit them alongside another force, and I'm torn between adding in Beastclaw Riders, Aleguzzler Gargants or Moonclan Grots

Each offers a slightly different feel for the army, the first makes the Ironjawz Warboss in rivalry with the mercanary Beastclaws, the giants are something barely kept in check by the might of the Warboss (and gives me an excellent chance to build a large, armoured Giant conversion), whilst the Moonclan Grots are slaves of the tribe and can get combined with the Grot Scutling models from AoS

Any thoughts on those choices? Any other suggestions?

Realistically, you could have all of them if you wanted to. The gargants will cefrtainly give you some fun modelling opportunities as theyre a big canvas. At teh same time, the grots give you a satisfying swarm of miniatures. Finally, the beastclaws generally look great. It's all up to you I'm afraid. I personally am planning on using ironjawz with moonclan and bonesplitterz, with some normal boar boyz as counts as ironjaw light cav (fluff wise).

I'm using a full force of brutes foe now. 3×5 dual weps, 1×10 2h weps. 4 units in total so enough for 3 of the formations. I'll have gordrakk to lead them and 2 wierdnobs for wizard stuff. 

My plan we either a wierdfist or ironfist with supporting thundertusks which I can still do but not in matched play since I'll relay on keyword ironjawz for battline brutes

• 1 year later...

If you are going to be mostly playing matched, i would definitely recommend moonclan, as they can ally with ironjawz and have some pretty good combos for offensive lists.

In the new edition, with the addition of Command Points, units other than your general can use command points. This means units like a Grot Warboss can still make your opponents cry tears of pain as their whole army is killed in shooting by grots with bows AND you can keep the Ironjawz alleigance. also, moonclan has fanatics.

Archived