Dragonlord Host List

Keith

Hi all

below is my Dragonlord Host list.

Question - my mate told me I can have a second magic item if I have a Warscroll Battalion , is that correct ?  where is the rule for that ?

How does it look , is the list legal ?

Thanks

Allegiance: Order Draconis

Leaders

Dragonlord (340)
- General
- Command Trait : Legendary Fighter
- War Horn & Dragon Lance
- Artefact : Phoenix Stone

Dragonlord (340)
- Shield & Dragon Blade
- Artefact : Talisman of Blinding Light

Dragon Noble (100)
- Phoenix Banner

Loremaster (100)
- Allies

Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
- Allies

Units
10 x Dragon Blades (280)
5 x Dragon Blades (140)
5 x Dragon Blades (140)
5 x Dragon Blades (140)

Battalions
Dragonlord Host (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 340 / 400
Leaders: 5/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 3/4 Artillery: 0/4
Wounds: 100

Quick question - as you've chosen Order Draconis allegiance, how come you're able to take the Order allegiance abilities and artifacts? I thought if you pick an allegiance (which allows you to take dragon blades as battleline) you are technically not playing as Order and so cannot have access to those artifacts and command traits and allegiance ability?

1 hour ago, Snakeb1te said:

Quick question - as you've chosen Order Draconis allegiance, how come you're able to take the Order allegiance abilities and artifacts? I thought if you pick an allegiance (which allows you to take dragon blades as battleline) you are technically not playing as Order and so cannot have access to those artifacts and command traits and allegiance ability?

It's covered in the GHB.  

3 hours ago, Snakeb1te said:

So for your army you can choose to be Order Draconis allegiance but when it comes to selecting which Allegiance Abilities and Artefacts you can choose to use you can choose generic Order.

Bottom of Page 77 of the General's Handbook;

You must also record the allegiance abilities for your army. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to. For example, an army with the STORMCAST ETERNALS allegiance could either use the Stormcast Eternals allegiance abilities or the Order allegiance abilities.

Hope that helps :)

22 hours ago, Snakeb1te said:

@TalesOfSigmar Thank you so much! My lord that changes everything for me!

I was planning to play various lists which don't have allegiance abilities, and i thought i would miss out on these. Thanks!

Well that would be insane generic order already is way worse than allegiance specific stuff.. getting nothing would be terrible.

Archived