Death List for 2k Points

grafcox

Greetings,

so i recently started with AoS and bought myself some Units to get a 1k army.

Mannfred

Morghast Archais

20x skellies

10x Skellies

10x Grave Guard

1x Wight King

And I want to get to 2k Points (I want to start playing with a 1k Army, but want to break down my army from the top to the bottom). So far i dont really have an idea what is missing for a good 2k army which is versatile and of course fun to play.

I'd  appreciate any tipps and help!

Sounds like you picked up the battleforce plus a box of skeletons.

Manfred is best used with a more offensive, elite death list, to maximize the use of his rerolls. Things like Varghiests and Morghasts are his best friend.

Skeletons are best used in units of 10 with sword, or units of 40 with spears. A 30 man unit is better than 3 separate 10 man units, but 20 man is always the worst way to run them.

Grave Guard are unfortunately pretty meh atm. They tend to be out performed by the basic skeletons (similar offensive capability when maxed out, more than twice as durable).

Make sure to convert your Wight King to have a banner. It is one of the best upgrades in death.

Necromancers are great for units like skeletons, allowing them to attack twice in a round of combat.

First of all. Thank you for your response!

Yeah, I already thought about that. So i thought about addin:

1x Terrorgheist / Zombiedragon or even an VLoZD (300 or 420p)

1x Unit of Vargheists (160p)

2x skellies (to complete the 1x 40 spears and 10x swords) (160p)

1x Necromancer (110p

and then i would get myself 2x Blacknights, to get some fast units. Or should I also exchange them for another Unit of Vargheists or maybe even another unit of Morghasts?

6 minutes ago, grafcox said:

First of all. Thank you for your response!

Yeah, I already thought about that. So i thought about addin:

1x Terrorgheist / Zombiedragon or even an VLoZD (300 or 420p)

1x Unit of Vargheists (160p)

2x skellies (to complete the 1x 40 spears and 10x swords) (160p)

1x Necromancer (110p

and then i would get myself 2x Blacknights, to get some fast units. Or should I also exchange them for another Unit of Vargheists or maybe even another unit of Morghasts?

Made a mistake here.

3x skellies (240p) and only 1x blacknights (120p)

I think that would work, and a necromancer is essential. It provides buffs, but it is also super useful for getting objectives while on a nightmare:

You keep a unit of skellies or black knights in reserve, charge the necromancer in half way surrounded by varghiests or something and summon some black knights at the objective. You get 18'' summoning range, which is faster than the black knights themselves

The thing about Black Knights is that Dire Wolves are almost as good in every way, for half the points. Plus the latter fills out batteline requirements in a Grand Alliance list. I would recommend them over Black Knights every time. I am hopeful that Black Knights get buffed relatively soon though, as they are only 20 points less than Goregruntas, but nowhere near as good.

So i had my first rounds with my 1k Death army which i build of what I had against a seraphon player (he's my mate who also just started).

One thing i noticed really fast is that the black knights are indeed, very crappy. In every game I used them just to hold back one enemy force (1x enemy cav and then  1x temple guards (15)). Through my deathralle bonus and their banner i managed to keep them alive the whole game, but they also weren't possible to make some real damage to the enemy troops.

So i think i am going to use 5 of them in my 1k Deathrattle army and sort them out in my 2k army. I am planing to get some bloodknights after i saw those insanely overpriced guys on some other dudes battlefield at my GW store. But they did a very good job and seem kinda usefull. I also plan on building a soulblight army during the year.

I also noticed that i am getting myself a varghulf. It seems like a pretty good monster against enemy blops.

But thank you guys so far. My first 2k battle will be fought next week. 

10 hours ago, grafcox said:

So i had my first rounds with my 1k Death army which i build of what I had against a seraphon player (he's my mate who also just started).

One thing i noticed really fast is that the black knights are indeed, very crappy. In every game I used them just to hold back one enemy force (1x enemy cav and then  1x temple guards (15)). Through my deathralle bonus and their banner i managed to keep them alive the whole game, but they also weren't possible to make some real damage to the enemy troops.

So i think i am going to use 5 of them in my 1k Deathrattle army and sort them out in my 2k army. I am planing to get some bloodknights after i saw those insanely overpriced guys on some other dudes battlefield at my GW store. But they did a very good job and seem kinda usefull. I also plan on building a soulblight army during the year.

I also noticed that i am getting myself a varghulf. It seems like a pretty good monster against enemy blops.

But thank you guys so far. My first 2k battle will be fought next week. 

New battletome was announced, I am pretty sure that the black knight issue will be adressed in it :), so just give it a few weeks for that book to come out^^.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, grafcox said:

I am planing to get some bloodknights after i saw those insanely overpriced guys on some other dudes battlefield at my GW store. But they did a very good job and seem kinda usefull. I also plan on building a soulblight army during the year.

I absolutely adore bloodknights, if they get the charge off they can hit really hard! I (along with many others) have converted mine out of high elf dragon princes, think they're called dragon blades in AoS. Anyway the models lend themselves really nicely to the blood knights theme and you just need to choose the heads that look the most bat/dragon like. You can easily headswap them and GW do a set of vampire shields and a banner if you wish to use those (I just use the ones that come in the set)

The official resin bloodknights models I don't feel are worth the high cost for how they look. But if you really like the models then go for them as it's much better to have models you love the look of.

Just be careful bloodknights are expensive and if they get charged they do not do anywhere near as well as when they charge. The banner helps keep them alive a bit better though.

Archived