Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

TeddyMadeMeDoIt

Hello there,

To introduce myself I am a long time painter, very long time collector and a new gamer.

I've tried to build on other armies I own like a Destruction Moonclan Grots and Spidergrot Riders I kept on getting distracted, even trying to finish up the starter box I always went back to look at and thinking of ideas for Chaos Dwarfs

So instead of getting distracted I've embraced it and started my Chaos Dwarf Army using a list that would let me use all of my old miniatures the are at the moment sitting gathering dust. These guys are mostly from the 80s and early 90s range so those used the amazing plastic in-house kits that GW now do may be surprised at some of the pics on this thread... you have been warned. For others like myself hopefully there will be some nostalgic trips down memory lane. 

Mainly so I can use it as a check list here is the Warscroll I'm going for

Leaders

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (Shar'tor mini)

Draz (Marauder Mage and pet Dragon)

Deamonsmith (Marauder Mage)

Deamonsmith (Marauder Mage)

Units

10 fireglaves (Crossbowmen) 

3 Bull Centaurs (Unknown conversion or Forgeworld models)

3 Bull Centaurs (Unknown conversion or Forgeworld models)

War Machines

Iron Deamon (Stank Conversion)

Skullcraker (Whirlwind & Tenderiser minis)

Magma Cannon (Hellcannon)

Magma Cannon (Ass Cannon... Yes I said ASS cannon)

That the 2000pt list I'm aiming for and I've finished the test mini I did for the scheme, I wanted to do something I could do quickly but also these old minis look good. So this is one if the fireglave/Crossbow minis and one of the Deamonsmiths... 

vwmDKj2.jpg

hPCoduo.jpg

Thank you guys, glad I'm not the only one getting the old school minis fix :D

Finished the first round of minis for now, onto another 4 Crossbow Dwarfs next. I'm also thinking as my Mage hero will be with a dragon I may use Dragon Ogres for my Bull Centaurs and have a Dragon theme running through this army, having dragons is very 80s fantasy which I'd love this whole army to be about, could also then use a shaggoth for a Taur'ruk proxy, what you think?

QR4x3uNh.jpg

4iFbEtwh.jpg

HFlcFgjh.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Back to it after a long time off, distracted by greenskins and Portents of a Malign nature.

Getting the gang back together, got 3 units of 10 artillery (fireglaves as the rules go) so broken them down as such and in the background got one of Magma cannons in the shape of an old Hellcannon and an Irondeamon too...

oFLYAlSh.jpg

SyFvM2wh.jpg

fKoEutSh.jpg

I like that the older minis are quirky and off beat, but the rules and pieces like the Hellcannon in the mix they can actually pack a real punch, alot like the film watching whilst hobbying it up...

l7mHmErh.jpg

Archived