Slaves to Darkness Undivided

brimmstorm

Hello!

I'm just starting AoS after having been away from all things Warhammer for about 8 years. I'm trying to narrow down my choices for a army and one of the options is Undivided Slaves to Darkness(along with Wanderers, or Nighthaunt). Does anyone have any tips? I'm looking at building a mostly mounted list, using Knights for battleline, and supported by Gorebeast Chariots. I'm still unsure what allies I would want to use, maybe something that could give me some range attacks(I know that is not really Chaos's thing).  Any veteran players have any advice for a returning player?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, brimmstorm said:

Hello!

I'm just starting AoS after having been away from all things Warhammer for about 8 years. I'm trying to narrow down my choices for a army and one of the options is Undivided Slaves to Darkness(along with Wanderers, or Nighthaunt). Does anyone have any tips? I'm looking at building a mostly mounted list, using Knights for battleline, and supported by Gorebeast Chariots. I'm still unsure what allies I would want to use, maybe something that could give me some range attacks(I know that is not really Chaos's thing).  Any veteran players have any advice for a returning player?

Thank you!

If you have old models then just play games! 

If newer player. then a mounted list is good. I woundt worry to much about allies to start with, StD have a good mix of units, but If you want some I would look at some big monsters. 

Undivided Chaos is cool! Pity that the hero models don't really incentivize unmarked (Well, Unmarked is my idea of what it means to run Undivided anyways).

The Chaos Lord on Daemonic mount is super useful IMO, and has the best command ability in the Slaves to Darkness faction. His command ability goes super well with Chaos Knights.

Also invest in converting (or finding the rare OOP model) a Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Steed. Daemonic Power is a super useful spell for the Slaves to Darkness list. You'll want at least one Sorcerer Lord even after the price hike. The one on Manticore may look tempting, but the spell is really what counts for your first Sorcerer.

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Undivided Chaos is cool! Pity that the hero models don't really incentivize unmarked (Well, Unmarked is my idea of what it means to run Undivided anyways).

The Chaos Lord on Daemonic mount is super useful IMO, and has the best command ability in the Slaves to Darkness faction. His command ability goes super well with Chaos Knights.

Also invest in converting (or finding the rare OOP model) a Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Steed. Daemonic Power is a super useful spell for the Slaves to Darkness list. You'll want at least one Sorcerer Lord even after the price hike. The one on Manticore may look tempting, but the spell is really what counts for your first Sorcerer.

Maybe I can convert a Varnaguard to look a little Sorcerer like. Yeah a Lord on Demonic Mount is a must!

6 hours ago, brimmstorm said:

Maybe I can convert a Varnaguard to look a little Sorcerer like. Yeah a Lord on Demonic Mount is a must!

It's perhaps important to note that the Sorcerer Lord doesn't have an option of Daemonic Mount, only a regular Chaos Steed. So probably more appropriate to convert him out of a regular Chaos Knight.

The Chaos Lord on Damonic Mount on the other hand is a good opportunity to be converted out of a Varanguard if you don't like the existing model (Which to be fair, even though it's a cool sculpt doesn't stand out too much over the regular Chaos Knights).

42 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

It's perhaps important to note that the Sorcerer Lord doesn't have an option of Daemonic Mount, only a regular Chaos Steed. So probably more appropriate to convert him out of a regular Chaos Knight.

The Chaos Lord on Damonic Mount on the other hand is a good opportunity to be converted out of a Varanguard if you don't like the existing model (Which to be fair, even though it's a cool sculpt doesn't stand out too much over the regular Chaos Knights).

I just wanted to do an Everchosen list sometime so I wanted to get a box of Varanguard anyways. Thanks for pointing out the steed vs Demonic steed difference! 

Archived