Loecs Jesters - Forays into a wanderers army plog

After way too many years of collecting and not painting, and with massive thanks to my local gaming club The Grumpy Gaming Emporium, I've finally picked up a paintbrush and recommitted to painting my wanderers and sylvaneth army.

I have set myself a rather ambitious (imo) goal of finishing this army for Mings RAW16 in Nov. Support, banter, cheering, tips and wisdom all appreciated (starting a PhD in Oct, gonna be up against it!).

So, first things first.

Rebased & textured (used light car body filler and slotta bases to save a small fortune) the following 

48 glade guard

31 Wild wood rangers

30 Eternal guard

12 waywatchers

25 wardancers

40 dryads

All heroes on foot

Still to go:

2 treemen

treeman ancient

6 warhawks

2 eagles

5 sisters of the thorn

10 wild riders

lord on snow owl

Thinking to run one of these two lists:

image.png

image.png

Nearly finished the cloaks! 

Paint formula (so I have a record!)

Army painter green primers 

touch up with army painter green bottle

biel tan wash

nuln oil wash

army painter green layer

army painter & 20% moot green highlight layer

waywatchers glaze

moot edge highlight

image.jpeg

The bases were textured with carbody filler, which I'm gonna paint up like mud. Going to texture bases sporadically with a mix of sand, small stones, twigs etc which I'll flock with autumnal grasses, reddish moss, grass tufts, and tall reeds. Will top it all off with some punched leaves using a leaf cutter (these things are amazing). Kinda want the unit to look like their walking through scrubland and fallen leaf litter.

Progressing slowly but surely...

doesnt look like much!

had an online painting hangout last night with Kye and Sean (hobbyhammer). Really enjoyed it, good for motivation, chatting utter bollox and hatching plans for poss new podcast...

going for purple as my pop colour on this army. On these guys that will be on face masks and under robes.

going to use the ogre flesh paint formula.. Which I might live to regret as it tends to make dudes look like they've been on the subbed too long. 

Using bugmans glow, flesh wash, then Chadian flesh tone and Kislev flesh or pallid witch.

painting leather boots, draich handles and vambraces with dryad bark which I'll probably drybrush with steel legion drab.

painting robes with steel legion drab base, agrax earthshade then Tallarn sand.

will paint chest & armour bhaltasar gold, with nuln oil wash and gehennas gold layer.

seems to be taking forever.. Kinda dreaming about painting dryads. And also wondering wether or not army painter green as primer is as genius as I thought? It's great for capes, but the rest of the model isn't green and I kinda wonder if priming black or white would have given a better base colour? Then again, having all the cloaks painted green to start with is pretty time saving!

ok, not so much done tonight. More tomorrow.

ps

omg, new sylvaneth stuff is gonna kill my bank.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived