Been converted. Feel like a dirty git!

N_Watson

So just getting back into the hobby after q long break. Played dwarves in 6th edition and collected some of the newer models when 8th started so naturally I was drawn to the new fyreslayer models. 

I mean, they are awesome models but after my first visit to a GW store, I have walked out with a box of ironjawz brutes....

I feel like I have cheated, but whatever. they just look awesome and their back story is just cool. 

Bigger than black orcs. Yes please! 

WAAAAAAAAGHH!!!

I'm planning on running Gordrakk so probably going with yellow as my main colour but not sure about the off colour. Drawn more towards yellow and black currently. 

Met the manager of my local store today and he was talking to me about the summer campaign. He said that they might increase the amount of warscrolls you can play with each week so I have time to put my force together. 

Only destruction player at my store it seems so I'm doing it for the gits. 

19 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Yeah that's what I was going for, sounds good ? I went for warplock bronze, lots of nuln oil, drybrush leadbelcher from the edges it would naturally scratch and wear, and highlight runefang

Pics! You did bronze for all the armor plates? 

Hmm...runefang hightlight. So contrasting like the GW black with the white highlights? Just with shiny metal lol

Pics! You did bronze for all the armor plates? 

Hmm...runefang hightlight. So contrasting like the GW black with the white highlights? Just with shiny metal lol

Yup, got inspired by a guy called Farmer over on the warpath forum. Makes for a dark armour whilst maintaining metallics. I have pictures on my blog or the WiP Wednesday thread. Currently working on the FW banner bearer orc boss. I used a brighter, less yellow green as it is the main standout colour.

Also sorry to hijack the thread!

2 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Yup, got inspired by a guy called Farmer over on the warpath forum. Makes for a dark armour whilst maintaining metallics. I have pictures on my blog or the WiP Wednesday thread. Currently working on the FW banner bearer orc boss. I used a brighter, less yellow green as it is the main standout colour.

Also sorry to hijack the thread!

You have a blog on here? I need a visual. It sounds great...****** I might steal a version of it lol

Don't know if you have seen the YouTube video guide for the warboss. Probably a bit of both.  

I believe I have, a while back now though. I would advise either doing similar to how I do, and drybrush in the direction of wear (usually from a certain edge) in warplock, then leadbelcher, then edge/extreme in runefang. You can always put typhus corrosion on area of this and then drybrush them with any orange or ryza rust for rust. Or you can stipple Brown, then typhus, then rust. And edge that in runefang.

I'll have my ironjawz next week. 30×brutes, 2×weirdnobs, 2xthundertusks, and gordrakk. 

Just need a color scheme. My favorite color is orange but I don't want to do the full orange. Maybe a dark dark metal with orange for the trim/extra areas.

I'll have my ironjawz next week. 30×brutes, 2×weirdnobs, 2xthundertusks, and gordrakk. 

Just need a color scheme. My favorite color is orange but I don't want to do the full orange. Maybe a dark dark metal with orange for the trim/extra areas.

That would look cool. If you're interested I'd say experiment with the method I described, and you could do certain plates/decoration as rust. For example, the ironjawz sometimes have tooth/fang shaped decoration on their armour. Do that whole piece stippled Brown, then orange, and edge it bright silver, maybe a few scratches. Will really stand out.

Archived