Allies for Stormcast

Thenecbromancer

Hey gang,

Have been having a think about potential allies for my Stormcast from the wide range of other Order units available and would love to hear some of your thoughts on what you found complements the Stormcast and what doesn't.

I'm pitching this as allies for a principally Stormcast list that could stretch to a 50:50. Have considered the classic Hurricanum, War Altar combos which look quite tasty but was also thinking some tunnelling Fyreslayers to accompany the obligatory teleporting Retributors to loose off shots before they go in. I also quite like the Fyreslayers models which doesn't hurt...

I'm not set on any one play style so would love to hear what works with a gunline, a teleporting list, face smash, anything really!

Had a two on two where my ally had ironweld arsenal and fireslayers and we nearly tabled a combined destruction army from the shear number of mortal wounds.  Had my knight-Venetor put 8 wounds on Gordrakk with his starfated arrow which made me giddy

I don't see any advantage of bringing mediocre infiltrators/teleporters (i.e. Fyreslayers), when you could just bring more Stormcast. Things that would complement them include Kroak, Phoenix Guard (as mortal wounds are their big weakspot), elite archers that are most cost effective than judicators, monsters that can capture (Treemen, Carmine Dragon), mortars and other artillery, Teclis and Sisters of the Thorn.

• 1 month later...

Adding in the Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsonal make thrm a more well-rounded force. They are missing magic, artillery, and support.

Hurricanum, a wizard on foot, a couple of artillery pieces and you have a really nice suppliment to your force without going down thenpath of a whole second army.

Archived