Seraphon fluff

Hi guys. New to the Seraphon and I've been reading the fluff (I followed the end times fluff closely then sold my Lizardmen when I heard the rumors of AoS/Fantasy being killed). I'm back into AoS now I really, really miss the fantasy game and Lizardmen are still my favourite army of any system ever. 

So following the end times - The Lizardmen as a race were all destroyed and the Slann teleported back into the stars. As far as I can tell now - this is where they remain and are working on a overarching grand plan to destroy chaos. When Slann do appear via the stars, normally in a dramatic white light blinding beam teleportation fashion it normally seems "random" to other races but it's actually again part of the "big picture". Slanns have different ideas on how they will vanquish chaos and restore order, but that's what they've ultimately been planning since they were birthed from Dracothian, the great star dragon who breathed life into them.

The Seraphon "army" isn't a real thing in itself, it's a army brought into reality from the Slanns raw magical power and is fueled by Celestial energy (Does Sigmar have any part in this or is it purely willed into existence by the Slanns raw power) and the army are made of celestial power. Once the Slann has decided the objective is completed the Slann return to the stars and the armies they have willed into existence go back into memory / celestial energy to be called upon again? 

This is what I've understood so far. Am i off the mark or this is about right?

2 minutes ago, OracleOfScales said:

Hi guys. New to the Seraphon and I've been reading the fluff (I followed the end times fluff closely then sold my Lizardmen when I heard the rumors of AoS/Fantasy being killed). I'm back into AoS now I really, really miss the fantasy game and Lizardmen are still my favourite army of any system ever. 

So following the end times - The Lizardmen as a race were all destroyed and the Slann teleported back into the stars. As far as I can tell now - this is where they remain and are working on a overarching grand plan to destroy chaos. When Slann do appear via the stars, normally in a dramatic white light blinding beam teleportation fashion it normally seems "random" to other races but it's actually again part of the "big picture". Slanns have different ideas on how they will vanquish chaos and restore order, but that's what they've ultimately been planning since they were birthed from Dracothian, the great star dragon who breathed life into them.

The Seraphon "army" isn't a real thing in itself, it's a army brought into reality from the Slanns raw magical power and is fueled by Celestial energy (Does Sigmar have any part in this or is it purely willed into existence by the Slanns raw power) and the army are made of celestial power. Once the Slann has decided the objective is completed the Slann return to the stars and the armies they have willed into existence go back into memory / celestial energy to be called upon again? 

This is what I've understood so far. Am i off the mark or this is about right?

You are pretty right ! I would say maybe 2 things :

1) The Slann didn't "teleport" in space to flee the end of the World-that-was, they fled in there space ships (you can see one on page 9 of the Seraphon Battletome - and on pages 172-173 of The End Times - Thanquol). They still are creatures of the Old Ones, Dracothion didn't give them life. Being a Godbeast, made of celestial energy, he resides in the stars above / around Azyr. He found the Slann space ships drifting in the cosmos and guided them to Azyr and the Mortal Realms. It is also said in the Stormcast Eternals Battletome that the Slann know the language of the Stardrakes (children of Dracothion, and part of the Stormcast Dracothian guard).

2) The Seraphon (not the Slann) are indeed beings made of magic, which only comes from the Slaan powers (Sigmar doesn't have the "monopoly" of Azyr's magical energies). In the fluff, it's also said that some Seraphon can become "corporeal", the Slann letting them go alone without sustaining them with their own energy (but it only happened once in the fluff, for a herd of Stegadon).

Hope the Grand Plan will lead you to victory in your games ;) 

Thanks guys the responses were really helpful, I've got a better grasp on it now :D

Seraphon are indeed real, just like Deamons are real. They reside in their star dwellings with the slann and are summoned from the stars via the Slann for battle hense the descending from the stars stuff. 

Thank you for the clarification on how they were brought into the world :D Dracothian guiding them to Azyr is cool.  

Thanks again both, I have a much better grip now. 

Huh. Seems my post got lost.

I wanted to say: There are tidbits of info from the lore team that hint on at least _some_ Seraphon being real and just being teleported in from somewhere while others are indeed imagined.

So for me I claim they are real and just spawned in spawning pools, having a day job and all that stuff. It makes the AoS Seraphon lore much more bearable for me.

Makes me think about how Daemons work in AoS.  It seems like they are able to roam free without being tied to the warp. I.E. bloodletters can stay indefinitely on a plane, without eventually being sucked back into the warp. Lot of interesting implications in that.

Archived