Shadespire Deck Builder

RuneBrush

In a random burst of enthusiasm, I've quickly put together a deck builder for Shadespire for the two warbands that have been released so far.  It's currently fairly basic, no ability to save your decks or order them (and it's missing the name of the fighter for some upgrades).  Have a play and let me know what you think.  It doesn't contain the actual card rules, as tempting as it would be to scan the cards in (like I did with HHCCG), I fear I'd get in a bit of trouble if I did ;)

https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/shadespire/

1 hour ago, gmulroney said:

The objective limit is 12 cards not 10 I believe. 

I've changed it to 12 - not got the book or anything here so was just off the top of my head :D

1 hour ago, BobbyB said:

Edge (because I'm at work)

That should be fixed now (checked in IE10), I've also sorted out the hex inner-fill for browsers that don't support clip-path.

Just given this an update as I wanted to see if I could implement a search tool :)

So you've now got:

Warband band displayed at top of deck list
Improved layout of deck list (including copy)
Deck list order can be changed between select order and card number
Upgrades specific for a fighter now show this
Implemented a fuzzy search for quickly finding cards (ready for when we have lots more) - you can search for a fighter name too
Fixed an issue where cards weren't cleared when changing warband
Added a link up to the Underworlds website

Great job man! Perhaps I've scanned some of the cards :P . As can be found on the (now still called) Shadespire sub-forum more cards are available to look into.

Some things to consider (but I guess works like this allready) for all upcomming deck builders:
1. Ploy and Upgrade cards always have to be the same number in the deck. So you can have a Power card deck of 20 cards or 22, or 24 etc.
2. 12 Objective cards are indeed the minimum and maximum.

Cheers, 

This is awesome. Very good job and thank you RuneBrush.

I am a complete PC illiterate, is it possible to add the images or atleast the text of the card on a mouseover ? It would be really helpful when deciding what to include and juggling around the options when you don't have the cards at hand (which happens a lot during work downtimes :D)

• Validate deck (correct number of cards in each deck, no more ploys than upgrades etc
  • Save deck
  • Feedback when successfully copied
  • Put border round deck list
  • Add glory points onto objectives

Card rollovers would be ace (and not a massive issue to implement), but I'd want some indication that GW would be OK with it before I went full fettle with adding this feature in.  The last thing I want to risk is having the whole deck builder pulled 

Providing scans will be no issue up until all the Warbands for Shadespire are out. Perhaps GW will pull them but the cool thing about lower quality scans is that one can clearly see the proxy quality difference.

In the end players will still need the actual boards, dice and miniatures. Based on that I assume GW should have little to no issue with cardscans because just having the cards doesn't allow you to play the game just yet ;) .

Keep up the good work though! 

16 minutes ago, Killax said:

In the end players will still need the actual boards, dice and miniatures. Based on that I assume GW should have little to no issue with cardscans because just having the cards doesn't allow you to play the game just yet ;) .

Actually I'd say that the cards are the only thing preventing players from homebrewing -- if you know how many of each symbol are on the dice, it's easy to use any 6-sided dice to represent them. It's also very simple to proxy models -- after all, the Stormcast for instance are Liberators with a Grandblade, Grandhammer, and Warhammer and Shield. The boards can be readily replicated on paper, as they're a simple hexagonal pattern.

The cards are much more proprietary. Some have been revealed directly by GW, but I would certainly expect that the actual rules on the cards should remain "purchase only" unless GW explicitly grant permission to the contrary.

19 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

Actually I'd say that the cards are the only thing preventing players from homebrewing -- if you know how many of each symbol are on the dice, it's easy to use any 6-sided dice to represent them. It's also very simple to proxy models -- after all, the Stormcast for instance are Liberators with a Grandblade, Grandhammer, and Warhammer and Shield. The boards can be readily replicated on paper, as they're a simple hexagonal pattern.

The cards are much more proprietary. Some have been revealed directly by GW, but I would certainly expect that the actual rules on the cards should remain "purchase only" unless GW explicitly grant permission to the contrary.

This is not so much the case. Knowing the symbols on the dice is not enough, one of the reasons as to why the dice are what they are is because it allowed the designers to get more results out of the dice without too much headaches.
Because what matters is not just a "hit/eyes", what matters is "the outcome and symbol comparison".

You could say 6 = Crit, 5 = Hammer, 4 = Hammer, 3 = Swords, 2 = Assist 2, 1 = Assist 1, however we have cards who impact succeses.
Thus the outcome and not a hit. By that same comparison, an opponent is not driven back on hits, it's driven back on the outcome. In practice it means that indeed some models are succesful with 6,5 or 4 while others are on 6 and 3 while cards and models can alter this, in certain cases succes go from 6.5.4 to 6 and 3 or models count as being assisted and thus the relevant eyes are 6,3 and 1.
In other words, there never is a 4+ roll that automatically counts as being a relevant outcome, as an opponent can roll what they need to to block any result that isn't a 6. Due to this the symbols actually serve a better purpose as the eyes as they arn't ever added or substracted to each other. 

In addition there is nothing wrong with homebrewing, however all self made creations are illigal for any event based on the Tournament Rules. So however we flip this, in order to be part of the organized play this game is set up for you need to have the official product. It even goes as far for dice, board and tokens and obviously cards and miniatures. Because of this mixed media it is actually extremely hard to proxy anything and get away with it. E.g. random Stormcasts with weapons do not count as legal models for Steelheart's Warband.

Edit:

Now if anyone would scan the board, make stickers for the dice, cards and allow for model proxies you could homebrew... But with the costs involved with the Core Set your certainly easier of just getting the Core Set ;) 

On 11/1/2017 at 8:15 AM, Killax said:

Great job man! Perhaps I've scanned some of the cards :P . As can be found on the (now still called) Shadespire sub-forum more cards are available to look into.

Some things to consider (but I guess works like this allready) for all upcomming deck builders:
1. Ploy and Upgrade cards always have to be the same number in the deck. So you can have a Power card deck of 20 cards or 22, or 24 etc.
2. 12 Objective cards are indeed the minimum and maximum.

Cheers, 

Point 1 is not technically true (but will almost be the case). The real rule is only half your deck rounding down can be ploy cards. You could still have a deck of 20 upgrades and no ploys if you really wanted.

13 minutes ago, gmulroney said:

Point 1 is not technically true (but will almost be the case). The real rule is only half your deck rounding down can be ploy cards. You could still have a deck of 20 upgrades and no ploys if you really wanted.

Ah yes, true. Well if Runebrush feels like it he could do some math behind that so 1 Upgrade opens up 1 Ploy slot option.

On 03/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, Killax said:

Ah yes, true. Well if Runebrush feels like it he could do some math behind that so 1 Upgrade opens up 1 Ploy slot option.

Planning on adding this at some point :)  Minimum of 20 cards with no more than 50% as ploys.

• 2 months later...

Archived