Hammerhall 1000 points list

Flargius

So I am looking to build an order army around my Celestial Hurricanum. I think it's an awesome model with cool rules. Inspired by the New city rules I want to build a free city army. I have settled on Hammerhall initially but will probably paint them as something of my own devising so I can use other rules in the future if I want to

I have decided to begin with 1000 points as this is not too daunting for me to paint.

My first unit choice is to defend the Hurricanum so it can safely buff units and deal out mortal wounds with it's attack and the wizard on top. I have settled on 20 Eternal Guard as they have a high move and good defensive capabilities. Supported by a Spell Weaver they have high staying power. This forms the center of my army.

My second choice is 10 Executioners. If within the boost bubble of the Hurricanum these can potentially deal 13 mortal wounds on the attack.

Leaders
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (380) - General - Command Trait : Inspiring - Artefact : Phoenix Stone
Spellweaver (80) - Heartwood Staff
Units
20 x Eternal Guard (160)
10 x Executioners (180)
This is 800 points but no battelline.

So basically I need ideas for 2 battleline units totalling 200 points. All order units except Seraphon will do. The army is lacking fast moving objective grabbers. And everything that isn't Seraphon will do.

1 hour ago, TheGreatEnchanter said:

Is there a theme? Is this an Elven contingent from maybe the Ghyran side of the gate? 

I'm not sure I have a theme. I suppose my theme is a bunch of wizards who have banded together for some secret purpose. They are accompanied by a personal bodyguard (Eternal Guard and Executioners). I imagine they travel out from Hammerhall to reclaim lost treasures arcane knowledge and the like. Besides their bodyguard they will bring with them whomever they can convince/pay/trick to accompany them.

I have loads of free guild models lying about so some troops from a local freeguild regiment would be easy(on my wallet) to include.

I have considered liberators and/or duardin warrios. Both have high survivability but are slow movers. Handgunners are nice certainly but won't be objective grabbers wivh I think I might be missing.

10 freeguild swordsmen and 10 Gladeguard perhaps. They are both battleline and could be used to grab objectives.

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

I think the hurricanum is easily converted to fit your elven forces surrounding it. So with that in mind I would go for an elven force. What about 2x10 dreadswords. (their ability also benefits from the hurricanum)?

I think he means Bleakswords. With 6" move, I they are the fastest generic battleline units I can think of (besides Reavers which are cavalry and too expensive). They have only 5+ save, but their darkshields let them reroll 1s and 2s. Their offense is ok, hitting on 3+, wounding on 4+, with each 6+ being an extra attack.

Archived