Another Bloodmarked warband list ( 2000 pts)

ledha

Good morning everyone !

Since the GH 2017 and the price augmentation of my dear skullreapers and goretide, my hearth was broken, but i think i suceed to create a quite efficient list with a bloodmarked warband. What do you think of it ? 

Leaders

Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140) - General - Command Trait : Violent Urgency - Artefact : Gorecleaver

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodstoker (80) - Artefact : Talisman of Burning Blood

Units

10 x Chaos Knights (320) -Chaos Glaives - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

1 x Chaos Warshrine (180) - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

10 x Blood Warriors (200) -Goreaxes - 1 x Goreglaives

5 x Skullreapers (180) -Daemonblades - 1 x Soultearers

5 x Skullreapers (180) -Daemonblades - 1 x Soultearers

5 x Wrathmongers (180)

5 x Wrathmongers (180)

2 x 10 Bloodreavers (70) -Meatripper Axes

2 x 10 Bloodreavers (70) -Meatripper Axes

Battalions

Bloodmarked Warband (100)

Total: 2000/ 2000 Points

Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

160 pv

It's a 4-drop list, so i should have the first turn against most of my opponent. The list is not very fast but have 160 wounds with a 4+/5+ save across the board and an invulnerable save for most of the unit. Even the best gunline will have trouble to destroy me before i reach them or the objective, i think.

The warshrine give me a 6+ invulnerable save around him and two nice prayer. Reroll hit is quite good, and a +1 to hit or save can be very useful.

The list is slow, but i have the chaos knight for this. Sure, they don't hit very hard. However, i think it's one of the best unit we have in the ratio price/resistance/mobility. A 10é move unit with 15 hp, a 4+ save and a 5+ invulnerable against mortal wounds for 160 pts ? Lol yes. And for the offensive... we are khorne. It's easy for us to give them +1/2 attacks (3 max with the wrathmonger), reroll to hit, +1 to wound, reroll wounds...

They can easily make 30/40 attacks 3+(reroll)/2+(reroll)/rend-1/dmg 2 et 30/40 otherss 3+(reroll)/3+(reroll1)/-/1, which is enough to make most of the ennemy units cry. And my opponent will still have to deal with the 10 skullreapers and wrathmonger as a second wave.

The talisman + bloodstocker + their horn and the general mean they can make a +5 charge with a reroll, so they can rush the ennemy fast, or be used as a tanking unit depending of my opponent (even if they will loose their offensive power).

The bloodmarked warband synergize very well with the blood tithe. If my opponent forget the lord of khorne on juggernaut, he will regret it, because his bonus are good and he hit like a train. If he focus him, i'll have a new hero (and a wrathmonger/skullreapers champion with +1 attack is no joke) to give the +1 attack bonus. And another one each time he die... which will give me a bloob tithe too.

The list looks great, very solid allround design, great ammount of ways to generate Blood Tithe points and in general I believe a deathstar of Chaos Knights has what it thakes to be relevant. The only thing that is required for them to not lose track is offcourse to ensure they will continue to charge as much as possible.
One thing of note is that the list states 2x 10 Bloodreavers but indeed you accounted for 10. It's clear if you calculate the list but the way it's made up now could lead to some confusion. Overall I think the Bloodmarked Warband is a completely legit reason to persue a Mortal-only Khorne army. When the Skullreapers and Wrathmongers become Heroes the list becomes quite amazing and fun :D

Cheers,

Ok I think with some changes you could make this into a one drop list, 

Given that the battalion lists 

• 1- Hero
  • 8 Units 

Nothing is stopping you running additional heros in the unit slots. (As all Heros are also Units). So I would 'Mob up' the Bloodreavers.. and another unit and then all your units sit in the Battalion.  Also gives you more chance of spawning new heros! 

3 hours ago, Uveron said:

Ok I think with some changes you could make this into a one drop list, 

Given that the battalion lists 

• 1- Hero
  • 8 Units 

Nothing is stopping you running additional heros in the unit slots. (As all Heros are also Units). So I would 'Mob up' the Bloodreavers.. and another unit and then all your units sit in the Battalion.  Also gives you more chance of spawning new heros! 

sadly, i still need 3 batteline ! 

I really like 5 Skullreapers 2" in front of 5 Wrathmongers ;)  works out really fine as a power unit by itself. Not just yet on extreme deathstar levels but that really shouldn't matter. As above I think you'll do fine with the list. As you know you can go deeper on Bloodreavers to obtain a little bit more from the bonus but the way it is set up now is more interesting for hobby reasons.

Archived