Jorlbad or really bad I don't care mortal wounds for days

Bethorina

So I am working towards braggoths beast hammer this will be the next list to come and it looks super fun @Malakree

Allegiance: Destruction
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- Blood Vulture 
3x3 Icefall Yhetees 

2x frost sabres

Thundertusk Beastriders (360)
Jorlbad (120)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980/ 2000
Allies: 140 / 400

Just now, Bethorina said:

So I am working towards braggoths beast hammer this will be the next list to come and it looks super fun @Malakree

Allegiance: Destruction
Huskard on Thundertusk (380)
- Blood Vulture 
Butcher (140)
- Allies
6 x Icefall Yhetees (240)
Jorlbad (120)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400

Looks cool, I kind of want to say that you should drop the butcher for another unit of yhetees, split the one you have into two blocks of 3 and add in a unit of doges. This would leave you with 20 points of float.

The reason I say this is as follows.

The 4 Thundertusks are going to be soaking all the fire, you don't need big blocks of yhetees to soak wounds they shouldn't be getting hit.

Activation wise your Thundertusk again are going to be going first.

This means that the primary role your yhetees will play is getting into units and pinning them down by stopping them retreating. A big melee block is just going to go through them without retreating and 3 extra models just increases surface area for them to get into.

On the other hand if you can get them to connect with a unit of archers they will beat them with 3 or 6 models. As such having more small yhetee units to pin multiple units might be more useful than one big one.

I definitely see the worth of the butcher I just worry about him keeping up.

At 40 points the doges are 6 extra attacks on a solid stat line totally worth an include purely for board presence and flexibility!

14 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Looks cool, I kind of want to say that you should drop the butcher for another unit of yhetees, split the one you have into two blocks of 3 and add in a unit of doges. This would leave you with 20 points of float.

The reason I say this is as follows.

The 4 Thundertusks are going to be soaking all the fire, you don't need big blocks of yhetees to soak wounds they shouldn't be getting hit.

Activation wise your Thundertusk again are going to be going first.

This means that the primary role your yhetees will play is getting into units and pinning them down by stopping them retreating. A big melee block is just going to go through them without retreating and 3 extra models just increases surface area for them to get into.

On the other hand if you can get them to connect with a unit of archers they will beat them with 3 or 6 models. As such having more small yhetee units to pin multiple units might be more useful than one big one.

At 40 points the doges are 6 extra attacks on a solid stat line totally worth an include purely for board presence and flexibility!

@Malakreefairs I do agree though plan is to keep the thundertuska together for flanking and purposes :)

23 minutes ago, Malakree said:

he has a pretty good range on the cauldron buffs (14 inches) and can mystic shield at the traditional range so even falling a little behind he can continue to catch units with buffs fairly well I'd think.

I assume you mean Torbad?

The ability seems difficult to make work and random to boot for just a d3 or d6 mw, especially since it forces you not to choose huskards so none of those 3 can heal. Not allowing something to retreat feels useless for behemoths that never want to be in combat and die easily once engaged.  Also the majority of your forces being four guys that are required to stay within three inches of each other is terrifically restrictive for capturing objectives or even moving around terrain. 

I don't think Torbad is worth taking even if it didn't require 1100 points worth of extremely suboptimal units. 

If you want d6 mws, charge something with a stonehorn. If you want to spam thundertusks, at least take all huskards and ignore this awful battalion. 

This might read as rude but that is not my intention I just want to save you from pain.

Archived