Mortal Khorne list advice

Iain

Here is a list I am thinking about. I have everything except the Chaos Knights, which I definitely want to include at least one box (10) of. I also have the blood stoker but he never does much for me so I've swapped for Valkia. I really don't want to include any other Khorne demons because I don't like the models but open to other stuff, big monsters, allies etc.

Is this a really weak list? Missing something really important? Please let me know! I haven't played any 2000 point games yet but I want to as soon as I get enough models painted.

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Mighty Lord Of Khorne (140)
Valkia The Bloody (140)
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
Daemon Prince of Khorne (160)

Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Ensorcelled Axes
- Khorne Bloodbound Battleline (Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut General)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

This is a solid, all-round list that you can take to most pick-up games, and have an even shot.  You've got some durability, some numbers, some problems solvers, and some mobility.  You can take it to a tournament, and not lose all your games - but it will get taken apart by any of the top tier lists, including a Khorne one.  Knights are fun, but as a buff platform - don't try to run units of 5 "naked" and expect miracles.  Also, I'd recommend the glaives over eWeapons, because rend -1 and 2 damage is the business.

You might want to think about tweaking this to fit Gore Pilgrims in.  You've got the pieces, anyways, so you might as well gain the benefits.  Another option is the Bloodmarked Warband from Everchosen, which is cheaper, adds some interesting tweaks, and works with everything but the KDP.

Bloodstoker is great if you're running a bomb / deathstar - I'd totally take him if you had all your knights in one unit, or were running 30 Bloodletters or something.  This list is a little more MSU, so his single target buff will be less meaningful.

FMB

Personally I'd take out the skullcrushers. 3 aren't that good and you have Knights as cavalry anyway. Id also remove the mighty lord. Swap him for another slaughter priest. That really makes the most of gore pilgrims and then the rest of points on either wrathmongers or skullreapers. Wrathmongers will deal with any monsters you come across and are hilarious. 

Option B would be to to have another 10 blood warriors and then either the stoker or exalted/aspiring deathbringer. 

Option C would be go full nuclear option and throw a bloodthirster in there. Great model lots of fun.  

Let us know how you get on. 

Would agree that trying to fit in some Wrathmongers or Skullreapers would add quite a bit of utility in, giving you a solid monster killing unit which you might struggle with.

I'd also suggest that a Lord on Juggernaut could be an option rather than the mighty lord.  A bit more suitability and speed in exchange for the rending axe

KLoJ with Slaughterborn and Gorecleaver is giggles.  3+ to hit rerolling misses, 2+ to wound, -2 rend, and 5-6 to wound on the charge = 3 mortal wounds.  Solves so many problems.  Don't need monster killers if you run knights and buff them.  They'll kill monsters.

5 Knights with glaives, with Bloodsectrator, +1 to hit from slaughterpriest, and +1 to wound on the charge from juggerlord, do 10.5 wounds pre-armour save, have -1 rend, and 2 damage each.  Plus horses.  assume a post-rend monster save of 5+, and 7 wounds get through, doing 14 damage., more often than not.  They're as tough as Wraths /Skulls, but much faster, which means you can usually get them where you want them to be, and get the charge.

FMB

What about swapping 5 chaos knights for 2 Khorgoraths? If in range of the banner they'd do 12 attacks with damage 2, 3s&3s -1rend. (Still no easy way to get a 2nd khorgorath at the moment though - they're about £35+ on ebay!). Still not sure about the skullreapers and wrathmongers - all the damage back on you and buffs to the enemy seems weird

Another idea?

Leaders
Archaon (700)
- General
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
- Bloodglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
- Bloodglaives
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Or 2 drop version:

Leaders
Archaon (700)
- General
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Battleline
- Goreaxes
- 1x Goreglaives
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades

Battalions