Soulblight? Nighthaunt? Deathrattle?

Dracothjay

Son I'm a fanatical FEC player. I feel they don't need any allies as they function perfectly well and dangerous on their own. But I'd love to jump into a new death faction, but I feel everything else is 'lacking' so to speak.

i am considering deathlords, awesome models, amazing leaders and a very punchy army in itself. At 2k I could bring 40 skellies and a Wight king as allies, that's the thought process anyway. I love all death, this is my dilemma. 

Any advice?

Deathlords or Deathrattle. Deathrattle. Deathlords are just plain cool, and you can ally Arkhan or Neferata into your FECs and summon Morghasts while you build an army up. Deathrattle have new models coming out with Shadespire in November and a Battletome apparently happening early next year according to GW at NOVA.

just do like me... buy anything... hm.. meta is hordes? 150 ghouls, 80 skelles... Nagash.. Nagash on throne... 21 crypt horror... 2 vlozd, terrorgheist... then combine as you like... but... with my paint speed 13k pts of my army will punch local games not very soon... oh.. so qute Necrosphinx! BUY IT!

I think a mash up Death list could be good for now. FEC is fine on their own. 

Soulblight and Nighthaunt are in a strange place I can't figure out. On the one hand both are very cool but building a usable list with them is hard considering all the new stuff. They both lack real dmg and bodies and get blown up by MW. The rise of the underdog factions makes it more difficult as well.

I think you definitly need to ally in some bodies as nighthaunt/soulblight but otherwise they're pretty solid. 

Pure Deathrattle (what I play) is kinda meh, but pure deathrattle got a bit more comfortable with grave guard battleline and allies. But besides solving some battleline slots there's no point in going pure rattle. 

Archived