Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

18 hours ago, Rid said:

Welcome!

if it’s just nighthaunt your interested in them ghb2017 is what you need, all the scrolls are free to download off the gw site.

The Mourngul took a knock but he’s still solid and will make a savage addition at 1000pts! He’s more tanky than before but not quite as good offense, I run two in my 2000pts list and they haven’t let me down

Thanks! Just to clarify for my understanding though....there's nothing new in Malign Portents or LoN that would be useful? From my understanding GHB2017 only really has the one page on Nighthaunts and that is available on the 1d4chan site. There are no point changes from GHB2016 AFAIK?

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting the Mourn to either get a FAQ or Warscroll update to the new Etheral ruling... hoping against hope it gets Frightful Touch. 

Doubt the KoShrouds will get it as all its other rules are up to date, minus the clarification of it bring able to be taken in a LoN army without having to be allied.

My main question revolves around how Spirit Hosts and Hexwraiths still have Battleline If: Nighthaunt... but there is no Nighthaunt list in the book ala Soulblight... according to that if you go Nighthaunt Allegiance, what Traits and Artifacts do you use according to LoN?

45 minutes ago, Satteda said:

The Mourgoul warscroll´s is updated now?, no summon, and no 5+ save vs wonds and Mwounds, thats why maybe its 350 pts.

(Sorry for my english)

Hmmm? I'm still seeing the old Warscroll infor for the Mourngul. Where did you get this info from?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you meant! It lost its save against all types of wounds, and it didn't share the Ethereal rule change, still benefiting positive modifiers. Though Ravening Assault now gives it +1 DMG on a 6+ hit roll (unless this was an older change, I remember this being extra attacks before).

Though not sure where the 350 pts is coming from though... Can someone else clarify that this is indeed the most current changes?

8 minutes ago, ckpmax1108 said:

Hmmm? I'm still seeing the old Warscroll infor for the Mourngul. Where did you get this info from?

Forgeworld web and AoS app, delete and download again, its similar but no summon and no save. (I see your post now), the change in points in the app, when you press my battle and profile. Almost all the point are lock but mourngoul isnt

23 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

And Black Coach is not an Hero, now? Neither in the legion of nagash nor in the community warscroll builder...

Not sure what is going on here with community warscroll builder, the printed LoN book and the printed cards still have the hero keyword on the Black Coach. Wierd.

Looks like a lot is going on at the GW site regarding death right now... I can't for the life of me understand why KoS dont have the deathly invocation ability ?

Cairn wraith is off the site, only to be found in  Nighthaunt Tormented Spirits.. hopefully they will be made into a unit instead of a hero, and hopefully som cool heroes will appear in the future...

I'm ok with the Cairn Wraith being a hero honestly, we find similar results from Hexwraiths for our kinda-blendy scythe wielding units.

The Black Coach not having ethereal and still being in Nighthaunt, confuses me to no end. I don't mind an HP drop on it, as long as it has some form of innate survivability. But being the only corporeal unit in a ghost army is...whut? It being a hero is ok I guess..can't see anything from hurting it being one. Though They seriously need to look at the warscroll for it as 120 is pretty steep to bring that on. Its better to just have 2 Cairn wraiths honestly.

Agreeing that the Knight of Shrouds needs something more than what it has. Yes, most of his utility/power come from Malign Portents, but post that event...what now? Should we expect a change to his Warscroll by then?

Still having wishful thinking for the Mortis Engine to be a Nighthaunt...or at least do something with the Malignant Keyword :( 

What is the best Allegiance for Nighthaunt now? Just Nighthaunt from GHB2017, or does something like Legion of Night or Grand Host actually benefit us enough to take them instead? 

How do artifacts/command traits work with the Knight of Shrouds? Can he even take any in a non-nighthaunt Allegiance? 

5 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

How do artifacts/command traits work with the Knight of Shrouds? Can he even take any in a non-nighthaunt Allegiance? 

Legions of Nagash allegiance keywords are only granted to warscrolls and battalions chosen from the LoN battletome, which means that the Knight of Shrouds, despite being able to be the general, doesn't gain the keyword for the LoN. As far as I'm aware, this means that the Knight can't take command abilities or artefacts from anything other than GA Death or Nighthaunts allegiances.

Can't decide if this would be stronger with Nighthaunt l or with LoN, so I made two lists. What do you think? First one has the doggos and Hexwraiths ambushing. 

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
- Trait: Master of the Black Arts
Cairn Wraith (60)
- Artefact: Curseblade 
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120) 
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Mortis Engine (180)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 74

Or

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
Necromancer (110)
- Allies
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Spirit Hosts 
Cairn Wraith (60)
- Artefact: Midnight Tome 
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)

Total: 970 / 1000
Allies: 110 / 200
Wounds: 61

3 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Can't decide if this would be stronger with Nighthaunt l or with LoN, so I made two lists. What do you think? First one has the doggos and Hexwraiths ambushing. 

Necromancer (110)
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
Cairn Wraith (60)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120) 
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Mortis Engine (180)

Or

Necromancer (110)
- Allies
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
Cairn Wraith (60)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)

If you want grave markers and lores of the dead you have to run a LoN army.

It forces you to take different battleline but it adds a lot more regen and synergy to the spirit hosts and hexwraiths.

3 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Necromancer (110)
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
Cairn Wraith (60)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120) 
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Mortis Engine (180)

Or

Necromancer (110)
- Allies
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
Cairn Wraith (60)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)

Edited 2 hours ago by RaritanAnon

You cannot take a necromancer in nighthaunt allegiance. If you want a wizard, put a vampire lord instead.

However, you cannot get a magic from lores of the dead with NH allegiance.

Archived