My analysis about Death in GH2017

deynon

As a note on the soulblight discussion vs hordes one thing which I have seen with the new GHB is how unbelievably important your ally choices become.

While it's super tempting to take some awesome elite units from your allies, 2 giants for destruction for example, it's actually really important for more elite armies that they also have access to basic units that they didn't have access to before.

When your faction, like soulblight, already provides you with large individual threats and small elite units being able to take a huge block of chaff which you didn't used to have access to really opens your ability to use the elites like a scalpel since they no longer have to do the grunt work.

As an example for 20 points more than a unit of Blood Knights you could put 40 skeles on the field giving you a massive anvil which can bog your enemy down while you use your superior mobility to either charge key parts of his army or bring the hammer into the back of his now stationary army.

The other allies option would be 60 zombies and a corpse cart coming in at exactly 400 points. They don't have a save so ignore rend, allowing them to tie up the stuff which would threaten your blood knights, regenerate D6 models every turn and have a chance to gain a new zombie if they kill something. This isn't even including the fact they can put out 60 attacks at 2+/3+/-/1 which allows them to effectively counter other horde units.

Honestly the allies rule is easily the most important thing added in my opinion and yet seems to be the most overlooked. It gives every army the ability to fill a hole in it's like, whether that is shooting, elite units or good old fashion zombie hordes!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived