The future of Moonclan Grots?

Congratz

When do you think moonclan grots will get a update?

What i mean by update i mean more lore, New models and a battletome.

I really want a moonclan Battletome i delve into some lore ;)

Really one of the cooleset races in the game and a highly competitive one.

Personly i don't really need updated models because they already look cool but i think they could make somethin cool. But i really wan't is some smaller battalions instead of only "Great Moonclan".

I must say i don't know what kind of new units they would add. Maybe a new skarsnik tho, all we know is that he went "missing" after gobbla (his pet squig) died

So when do you guys think they will get a update (or at least a battletome)

Unfortunately I think that it might be a while.  Generally, it seems like some combination of the following has led to new battletomes:

1. Majority of models were recent releases from the world-that-was and the faction just needs some updated background, rules, and organization.  For example, Beastclaw, FEC, Bonesplitters.

2. Entirely new faction unique to AOS.  Fyreslayers, KO, Stormcast, etc.

3. The faction starts getting mentioned or even featured in campaign books, other battletomes, or novels.

I don't see Moonclan in any of these categories currently.

At one time, I thought that the factions that were fairly unique to GW (e.g. Moonclan, Skaven) were going to receive a lot of attention early in AOS, but it just hasn't worked out that way.  I've literally avoided investing heavily into Moonclan for several years now going back to WHFB because I've been convinced that updated squigs must be right around the corner...

• 3 weeks later...

We are not getting any Moonclan-specific allegiance abilities, but I have a hunch that Squig Hoppers will become Moonclan allegiance battle line. That could shake up the variety and flexibility for the 'clan nicely. That frees up the regular grots to have bigger unit size and make the most of the new changes to bigger unit sizes. There isn't really another battleline option for Moonclan, and as they are not getting any allegiance stuff of their own then it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

We are not getting any Moonclan-specific allegiance abilities, 

How do you know that? The table of contents end with two Ironjawz batallions. It is possible that there are other destruction allegiance abilities on the next page, since IJ are always the first to be listed within destruction. I would find it very strange if they would ignore all the other destruction sub factions.

6 minutes ago, Anaticula said:

How do you know that? The table of contents end with two Ironjawz batallions. It is possible that there are other destruction allegiance abilities on the next page, since IJ are always the first to be listed within destruction. I would find it very strange if they would ignore all the other destruction sub factions.

It was clarified on a facebook post that the contents page they showed was complete. They also said don't worry, the factions without allegiance abilities still have lots to look forward too, e.g. allies, new grand alliance abilities etc. 

47 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

It was clarified on a facebook post that the contents page they showed was complete. They also said don't worry, the factions without allegiance abilities still have lots to look forward too, e.g. allies, new grand alliance abilities etc. 

thank you. That is - weird. And perhaps good?

Just now, Anaticula said:

thank you. That is - weird. And perhaps good?

Just have to wait and see I guess. Best case scenario we get a selection of great Grand Alliance abilities and traits that fit the 'Clan nicely. (And Spiderfang!). I'm quite happy having a grand alliance as it fits nicely with the models I like. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, one thing that hasn't been touched on yet: Fanatics are being increased in cost. They're going from 1 minimum for 30 points to 3 minimum for 100 points. That's a major increase, considering at 30 points they were a steal in mixed destruction to interrupt charges.

Also, looks like the 'Grot Warboss on Great Cave Squig' is getting a 50% points increase, going from 80 to 120. Guess they're expecting him to be a lot better (or more frequently seen) with the change of Squigs and Hoppers to Battleline.

Hmm, one thing that hasn't been touched on yet: Fanatics are being increased in cost. They're going from 1 minimum for 30 points to 3 minimum for 100 points. ...

So... this also was "foretold" in the Path to Glory 2017 update.

They moved to a unit size of 3 for the fanatics and upped the "Nasty Skulkers" minimum to 6

Snotlings also became a minimum of 5

Also, given that both the Grot Warboss and Grot Warboss on Giant Cave Squig were identical in points in the 2016 release (80 for either choice), the points increase makes sense.

Cost increase for Fanatics will hurt alot. 100 points per squad (if we treat them as a charge-blocker only) is too much considering a pack of groots go for 120 points. 300 points to cover what 90 used to [emoji32]

Almost everything that was "cheap" is going up in cost. Mainly because many battleline units that were dirt cheap are having to take larger minimums. The stuff that we're actually seeing come out in the previews are all matching the minimum size units in the Path to Glory.

It is looks very much like a "build your Army with the PtG and it will transfer directly into Matched Play."

Almost everything that was "cheap" is going up in cost. Mainly because many battleline units that were dirt cheap are having to take larger minimums. The stuff that we're actually seeing come out in the previews are all matching the minimum size units in the Path to Glory.

It is looks very much like a "build your Army with the PtG and it will transfer directly into Matched Play."
I have secret high hopes seeming that they didn't get a section in the handbook despite being known to be very popular and fun. One of those rumor pics kind of looked squigy (let me dream).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Cousins, I do not despair for the Moonclan as our beloved Grotz are receiving attention in Warhammer Underworld, Nightvault with Zarbag's Gitz:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/03/3rd-orkt-warband-focus-zarbags-gitzgw-homepage-post-2/

I'll hazard that our little green meanies will receive some expansion love in the next year.

EDIT:  Sorry, didn't notice the venerable age of this thread.

Archived