New Forge World Points

Fungrim

So, only just seen there's been new FW points (might not be news to others...?!). Can be found here - https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Downloads?_requestid=6184622#warhammeraos

In summary, Destruction behemoths look a little like this:

Bonegrinder Giant - 360 -> 300
Colossal Squig - 300 -> 360
Dread Maw - 440 -> 300
Incarnate Elemental of Beasts - 300 -> 360
Magma Dragon - 520 -> 600
Rogue Idol - 480 -> 440
Troll Hag - 400 -> 300

For me:

Troll Hag and Rogue Idol looking a little more playable now (both are units I've been keen on playing for ages, especially the Hag! Not bad at all for 300)

Dread Maw looks nifty for 300 too

Magma Dragon is looking less and less likely at 600, sadly

Anyone feeling any happy or sad vibes from this?? Any meta-shifting tidal waves?

@Fungrim - Similar to what @Vaux said, I wouldn't read into this too much just yet. They posted a comment on Facebook to say there had been some errors (though subsequently removed that post).

Probably worth waiting on a revision here.

If correct though, I've been wanting to use a Rogue Idol for a while now, so it's potentially good news on that front!

51 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - Similar to what @Vaux said, I wouldn't read into this too much just yet. They posted a comment on Facebook to say there had been some errors (though subsequently removed that post).

Probably worth waiting on a revision here.

If correct though, I've been wanting to use a Rogue Idol for a while now, so it's potentially good news on that front!

Ahhhh, I saw something on Twitter about a 'mistake' and a GW Facebook post the other day but didn't know what it was regarding

Cheers for the heads up

It's still up today like, bit weird. Did think the Mourngul pricing was odd.....! But figured they were trying to shift more FW stock (how cynical..)

Killa kan wasn't it??

On 6/9/2017 at 3:05 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

Gorkanaut! B|

Mourngul simply can't be 280 points. Madness.

Ah Gorkanaut! Sorry, I've got a long way to go to fill in the blanks of my 15-year 40k hiatus (step 1: pick up Dark Imperium on Saturday.....!)

Looking forward to seeing that Rogue Idol conversion when you get round to it dude! I ended up making that Ironblaster with a Grunta instead of a Mournfang in the end (!) - shame the warscroll hasn't been converted too....

26 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - That's a solid Step 1 for sure! Any pics of your Ironblaster? Sounds awesome.

Not to hand unfortunately! Will get a shot of it later when at home

I got my hands on a spare Brute body for it and everything, but sadly the proportions didn't work out as planned. Ended up using the Ogor body that came with it but with a chunky Orc head I had floating about. Works ok. The Grunta required a fair bit of work, and he's a bit too wide for the frame of the cannon to sit on comfortably, but it works alright! 

9 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - That's honestly amazing! Great work man. How much effort was it to remove the Brute from the Grunta? Got any pics of it on it's own? Really impressed actually.

Probably worth showing off in it's own thread (also saves further derailing this one!).

Cheers bud, your wish is my command...

Archived