Power Builds for SCE for 1000 Pts

Incineroar87

Was wondering what good powerbuilds exist for SCE for lower point games that can utilize fast or teleporting lists ?

I've gone up against a few and thought it would be fun to build as my next project, just need something competitive to start me off in the right direction :) 

There is few reports about 1000 points games that went well for Stormcasts.

You can try to squeeze a Hammerstrike in 1K but you will be very limited in what you can bring with the minimum of 600-640 points invested and the 120 point of nothingness invested in the formation.

I made a 3 round tournament with the following : 

Celestant-Azyros 100-80

2X5 Judicators 160-160

3 Javelots Prosecutors 80

5 Retributors 5 Protectors 200-220 

1K 7 drops no formation, nice shots, a nice close combat potential.

I Went Win (Sylvaneth with durthu and TLA) -WIn (Dragonlord-teclis-loremaster) - Loss (kunninruk with 40 archershe won the tournament)

I don't lie to me, that was bad, 7 drops where far  too much and i needed the choice of the first turn. I ended having a lot of luck about thoses famous 9" charge rolls. What saved me was my opponents put a lot of hopein high saves that starsoul maces laugh at (except the kunninrukk that i tabled at the end of the 5th turn but he scored too much point for me to win)

I recommand using the Vanguard wing, and maxing the Liberators/Judicators count. You can create some filth with the infinite teleportation.

Someone also proposed the following : 

2Fulminators, 2 LCOD 2 judicators. But i doubt this will work against someone that pack some serious firepower.

I like:

LCoD

Staunch Defender

Pack Hunter

Mirrorshield or Spellshield

Fulminators x2

Judicators w/Bows x5

Judicators w/Bows x5

LCoD

1K points, 5 drops.  The fulminators and LCoD's stick together, become a roving death star that murders on the charge and is impervious to everything but mortal wound spam.  Everything has shooting, judicators sit on objectives while the Dracoths go murder whatever is moving around the board, especially with their large threat range.

I played 2 power list at 1k who have actually a very good sucess rate.

First list :

Knight azyros (lantern of the tempest, staunch defender)

4 fulminators

2 tempestors

2x5 liberators

5 drops. The azyros and the 6 dracoth walk in a pack. You have a big deathstar of 2+ save rerolling 1 (the fulminator having a 1+save reroll 1 against shooting) and the lantern of the tempest negate the threath of skyfire or longstrikes (at least, long enough to reach them and make them -1 to hit with the tempestor). Those guys are nearly immune to any shooting and few things in a 1K list can handle 6 dracoth.

The passive ability of the azyros mean your dracoth will hit on 3+ reroll 1 (which mean, nearly always) and then shower the opponent under mortal wounds.

The liberators are here to hold objective and enjoying the slaughter while eating popcorn

Second list :

Knight vexxilior (general, cunning strategist, luckstone, meteoric standard)

5 liberators

5 liberator

5 retributors

5 retributors

3 prosecutor

Hammerstrike force

4 drops, meaning you should often finish deployment. If yes, go first.

With cunning strategist, 1D3 unit advance 5ps before the game. Priority is the prosecutors, then the vexxilior.

Hero phase, use the meteoric standard (24 range, 29 if you moved the vexxilior, +2D6 mean you will hit nearly anything you want) in the middle of ennemy army. Use the luckstone if needed to make 3 auto mortal wound on one of your foes. Preferably a gryph hound, a warmachine crew, or a caster/the ennemy general.

Movement phase, make the prosecutor move or run. If you move, you’ll have advance 17ps, so you will be at 7ps of the ennemy line, meaning you’ll be able to drop your paladin in the face of the ennemy. Use them to attack the important foe you attacked with the vexxelior meteor. If their 4 shot is not needed, make them run 3ps of the ennemy, so you’ll be able to drop the paladin if your opponent deployed far away from you, or behind his own lines !

Make your other units run, and drop the paladins.

10 retributors with 3+/2+/-1/2 with 4 starsoul mace and the insane meteoric attack of the vexxilior are enough to cripple the ennemy army and completely traumatize your opponent, even more if he is not prepared to face such thing. Even if he survive, nothing like to be in battle against 10 retributors, and you’ll likely to win the engagement.

If you don’t, you are screwed, but it rarely happenned to me so far. However, the death armies with invulnerable save are VERY frustrating

4 hours ago, ledha said:

Use the luckstone if needed to make 3 auto mortal wound on one of your foes. Preferably a gryph hound, a warmachine crew, or a caster/the ennemy general.

'Am not really sure you can Luckstone the meteoritic Standard, but anyway, the list i like a lot. There is also some kind of irony with using "cunning strategist" with the hamerstrike.

I also found (with pain) that this list is soft on passive -1 to hit from the ennemy (books, ice-age mamoth, treelord tranples, etc). Also, if the ennemy outdeploy you and has the choice of the first turn (like a kunninrukk player) the strategy is harder to put online.

I tend to prefer your first list, even if having 45 wounds in the army is frightening (thundertusks and LOC will love)

1 minute ago, kozokus said:

'Am not really sure you can Luckstone the meteoritic Standard, but anyway, the list i like a lot. There is also some kind of irony with using "cunning strategist" with the hamerstrike.

I also found (with pain) that this list is soft on passive -1 to hit from the ennemy (books, ice-age mamoth, treelord tranples, etc). Also, if the ennemy outdeploy you and has the choice of the first turn (like a kunninrukk player) the strategy is harder to put online.

I tend to prefer your first list, even if having 45 wounds in the army is frightening (thundertusks and LOC will love)

well, it's a damage roll after all.

Concerning the -1 to hit, yes it can be bothering, however, i just starsoul mace them while i put the hammer against something i can actually hit. The kuniin ruuk is a problem of course, like every list able to stat before me and with good firepower. If it's the case, the plan is just to take the prosecutors in reserve and making them pop not too late.

Your are right about the weaknesses of those list, but hey, you can't beat everyone !

6 minutes ago, ledha said:

well, it's a damage roll after all.

That wasthe start of the war on the destiny dice for bolt of Tzeentch :P

That beeing said, most list at 1K have 5+ drops, even thoses who rely on 1-2 behemoth to overpower the opponent.

I think your lists are more solid than the vast majority of what has been said.

(inner thoughts : Heeeeey what about 2X5liberators + 2 Dragonlhorn? mmmh tasty)

(dragonlorn = dragonlord + warhorn)

Archived