Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

6 hours ago, Killax said:

On a competative sidenote, I cannot claim that I've found the best competative Khorne list yet, but I did want to share this:

The Crimson Crown could obviously become Mark of the Slayer, depending how deep you go into Khorne Daemons or Khorne mixed. 

However I wanted to ask the folks here a question in regards to this! Is there any way we can actually spend 620 points "better" because to be honest with you this seems like one hell of a set up that:
1. Fills in all Battleline requirements
2. Presents a very good 100 point Hero with very decent survivability and speed
3. Presents a very good Unbind module, assuming the Skullmaster doesn't bite the dust too quickly

In my opinion this might very well be the best Battalion combining the scariest things we have from the Daemonic side. Obviously we will add Bloodsecrators and Bloodstoker to flavour ;) Maby even go 90 Bloodletters...

I dont think you can get much better for the cost than the 2x30 bloodletters and 5 hounds. Although if you're running a WoK BT, his unbind +2 and the blood tithe unbind should be more than enough to prevent the worst spells (Fold reality, etc). I'd be tempted to take 10 more bloodletters instead of the flesh hounds.

I'd also think about including the Skulltaker. He's unique so no artefacts but he is more tanky and functions as a hero hunter. His mission is also to stick with the blood-letters for the locus of fury.

I've been playing around with 3x30 blocks of bloodletters in my 2500pt list, i just have to motivate myself to paint them all :).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw this list together for gaming day with buddies tomorrow. I have no idea who I'll end up playing and could face off against my friends "D", "J" and "C". D ironically plays Death and Dark Elves and his death has been fairly competitive among our group. has lots of disposable income and could field Dwarves/Fyreslayers, Orruks, Empire, High Elves, Skaven, Nurgle, SCE and lord knows what else I've lost count of. has Sylvaneth and Wanderers

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
- Artefact: A'rgath the King of Blades 
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Blood-forged Armour 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne 
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 

Battleline
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline (Skullmaster Herald of Khorne General)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives

Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Note that everything that's been selected is built save for the Blood Warriors (I have 6 built, 4 to go by game time). 

I have a slew of models available, but I like this list the most. My Warriors of both flavors have done well in the past when I've fielded them and I'm excited to have a block of 'letters and 'reavers there as well. The Soul Grinder is there to give a little ranged but mostly to serve as a fire magnet. 

Alternatively, I thought of this one, which would allow me to use my Exalted Hero of Chaos who I have yet to use, and my freshly built Wrathmongers. 

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Skulltaker (100)
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (80)
- Artefact: Gorecleaver 
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Blood-forged Armour 
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Blood Blessing: Resanguination
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne 
- Artefact: Mark of the Destroyer 

Battleline
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
3 x Bloodcrushers (160)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaives

Units
5 x Wrathmongers (180)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)
Gore Pilgrims (80)

Total: 2000/2000

I like this list for the duality. Between the speed of the Daemons with Murderhost and their early game striking, then the late punch of Warriors. Boosts and buffs from the Pilgrims, and a sleeper-cell in the 'reavers who will be rushing ahead of the Asp. Deathbringer and Wrathmongers. It will also let me get to use Skulltaker again.

I currently only have one Bloodletter block and that'll be my last for awhile since they're tedious to build. No Flesh Hounds due to expense and distaste of the models. I like my Bloodcrushers as it is. Artefacts and Prayers are not concrete.

Any thoughts? 

15 hours ago, Jaehaerys said:

Hey folks here is a 2k I will be running. Mostly because it's everything I have. Thoughts?

Leaders
WoK Bloodthirster -360
Bloodmaster Herald -80
Slaughterpriest- 100
Slaughterpriest - 100
Bloodstoker - 80
Bloodsecrator-120

Units
Bloodletter x30 - 300
Bloodcrusher x3 - 160
Bloodcrusher x3 - 160
Bloodreavers x10 - 70
Bloodreaver x10 - 70
Blood Warrior x5 - 100
Blood Warrior x5 - 100
Khorgorath - 100

Batallion
Murderhost -20
Gore Pilgrim - 80

I guess I'd have to go first if possible with murderhost advancing after setup if I'm against ranged heavy (which I'll definitely be up against). I kept Reaver and Warriors apart for Blood tithe. Think it's around 5 drop on setup. Khorgorath is thrown in there cause that's all I have left over. 

Any thoughts, comments, strategy would be welcome :)

List looks really solid, though I will say, in this case (odd as it might sound) you might even want to consider thaking another Slaughterpriest over a Bloodstoker. 

Other than that: Bloodcrushers are not my kind of unit for competative purposes. If you want to expand into a future force I'd recommend:
- leaving out 320 points of Bloodcrushers
- leaving out 100 points of Khorgoraths
- adding 300 points of Bloodletters (30)
- adding 100 points of Fleshhounds (5)
- upgrading the Bloodstoker to a Slaughterpriest, stoking units is really nice but with Gore Pilgrims you can also Blood Bind, which leads to compairable results most of the time, while you then also have 3 nice units to 'Blood Bless' being the Bloodletters 2x and Bloodthirster. 

12 hours ago, Domlin said:

Double checking if are artefacts are unique or not. I don't see anywhere in the book where it would prevent me to take the same artefact on multiple heroes as long as I'm running formations to generate the extra artefacts. Is that correct?

Artefacts are not unique. The only thing the book states is that 1 Hero can have a maximum of 1 Artefact :) 
You can run multiple guys with Mark of the Destroyer. In my opinion this contributes to what makes Blades of Khorne really competative if you want to. 

12 hours ago, Domlin said:

I dont think you can get much better for the cost than the 2x30 bloodletters and 5 hounds. Although if you're running a WoK BT, his unbind +2 and the blood tithe unbind should be more than enough to prevent the worst spells (Fold reality, etc). I'd be tempted to take 10 more bloodletters instead of the flesh hounds.

I'd also think about including the Skulltaker. He's unique so no artefacts but he is more tanky and functions as a hero hunter. His mission is also to stick with the blood-letters for the locus of fury.

I've been playing around with 3x30 blocks of bloodletters in my 2500pt list, i just have to motivate myself to paint them all :).

Thanks for your reply! I also agree with you that going another 10 Bloodletters is a very valid option. What really makes the difference to me is when you combine it with other things. If someone was to combine it with Gore Pilgrims for example I'd certainly go for 3 blocks of 30. The synergy is so obvious and stacks so well! It's just a shame that Gore Pilgrims thakes a huge bite out of your character slots :P 

In regards to the Skulltaker, I guess I like him but I also personally prefer a Skullmaster. While he doesn't have the re-roll armour and possible great damage output against Heroes what is important to me is the 'cheap big footprint', being fast, having another wound, more attacks and Murderous Charge all adds up. But the essential thing for me is gaining acces to Mark of the Slayer or Crimson Crown for a low price. If the Skulltaker could have it, I'd consider him, but he can't have it/ 

In regards to motivation, I too fear the thought of doing 90 :D But 60 should be managable.

Cheers,

@Aspirant Snaeper I like both lists! As above I'm not that big on Bloodcrushers but maby you can convince me otherwise.

First list:
Has Bloodcrushers under Battleline, but you don't have a Skullmaster as General :), nor is your army fully Khorne Daemon. Doesn't matter for the minimum requirement however. Soulgrinder seems like a fun choice, let me know how much you like him! Other than that, one of the reasons as to why I don't like Bloodcrushers too much as opposed to Bloodletters for this list is that I feel they have trouble justifying their own cost once there is no Daemon Hero around for them (and even if it is it's difficult). In general, as above, Slaughterpriest love huge units. 30 Bloodletters under (for example) Bronzed Flesh are strictly better to me as 3 or 6 Bloodcrushers under Bronzed Flesh.

Second list:
Seems great again! I do feel inclined to say that if I where to play Gore Pilgrims I wouldn't do it without 3 Slaughterpriests. As I see the Battalion cost as a strict upgrade for them (and a little bit for the Bloodsecrator!) I just want to see those costs not translate to "30-40 points per Slaughterpriest" Instead aim for "20-ish" points per Slaughterpriest and it suddenly becomes a whole lot more difficult for your opponent to deal with the whole set up. Even with some serious ranged support. 

Lastly I believe Wrathmongers are a fantastic awnser against Monsters and Heroes so I do really like them! For competative purposes though I value the power of 3 ;) for both Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost, what I mean by that is that for Gore Pilgrims I want to see 3 Slaughterpriests and for Murderhost I want to see at least blocks of 30 Bloodletters, certainly 2, ideally even 3 if you can manage to paint of 90. *This is for a higher competative purpose however, not for introducing players to Matched play. 

Cheers,

Having a hard time choosing between a few 1,500p Khorne lists! Base in all is Gore Pilgrims (like ranged MW and adding +1 save), and on top of that Skullcrushers because I have the models, adding some speed and resilience. Then it is a matter of using my BT! I really love the model and with new BoK they just seem to be so much fun to play. I'm not trying to make uber competitive lists (also have 5 Skull reapers, 5 wrathmongers, 5 flesh hounds, 30 bloodletters, 2 korgoroths, mlok, aspiring death bringer, skull cannon, 20 more reavers etc). 

A) Two-drop, a little thinned out Gore Pilgrims to fit Brass stampede. I like not having too many models, I actually would love to run a more elite army. Thinking of ditching the 5 blood warriors for a Khorgo or just adding it to the unit of 10.
B) Just adding that sweet BT! Loosing a bit of the mono pureness but wth...
C) Maxed Gore Pilgrims w 3 priests etc. Reavers into 2 groups (not sure why any one would run larger units than 10 nowadays to buffer against shooting and to generate blood tithe). 
D) Just a thought on how to combine all of the above into 2,000p!

What are your thoughts on the lists, including how fun they seem to be to play (playing mainly sylvaneth and storm cast) and how competitive they are? 

IMG_9231.PNG

IMG_9232.PNG

IMG_9233.PNG

Here are the lists I'm thinking of trying:

2000 points Brass Stampede and Gore Pilgrims  

Gore Pilgrims  
3 Slaughterpriests 
Bloodsecrator  
5 Blood Warriors
10 Bloodreavers  
10 Bloodreavers 

Brass Stampede  
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 
3 Mighty Skullcrushers 
3 Mighty Skullcrushers  
3 Mighty Skullcrushers  
3 Mighty Skullcrushers  

Valkia the Bloody  
5 Skullreapers  
 5 Skullreapers  

Total Points  2000

Gore Pilgrims 
2 Slaughterpriests
Bloodsecrator 
5 Blood Warriors
20 Bloodreavers 

Brass Stampede (full)
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers
3 Mighty Skullcrushers

Total Points  1980

@misthv Nice lists, good selection and I can't say any of them look bad or disregard a lot of potential synergy. Here's my thake on them:
A) Nice set up, good list for 1500 (1500 is a nice balance honestly, things get less nuts as 2K) however you also have 30 points left. I'd upgrade those 10 Bloodreavers for 5 Blood Warriors without a doubt for that reason. Bloodreavers in my opinion really only gain traction at 20+ numbers.
In addition, because you have the option, I would merge 2 3-man Skullcrusher units together into 1. For the simple Blood Blessing reason. The more affected the better.
B) Perfectly fine list, straight up and armed to the teeth. A good choice if you want to run a Bloodthirster.
C) I like the set up for this list to 2000 points but as with my general opinion on small units of Bloodreavers and the use of multiple Slaughterpriests, Slaughterpriest want units who have that traction, arn't dead in a stiff breeze by themselves and at that moment you go for as much Slaughterpriest as possible to affect as much models as possible.

Slaughterpriest and Bloodsecrator roles
I feel that Slaughterpriest can become as good as Bloodsecrator's in their functional role thanks to Gore Pilgrims. However, in order to affect the same ammount of models (and thus be compairable) you do want to run some massive blocks with your multiple Slaughterpriests.
In that same vein I feel the Bloodsecrators are fantastic and remained fantastic but do not require you to go for a massive block system. Instead they are what you could call the go-to Hero if you run multiple small units instead of some massive blocks. 
To me Blades of Khorne really boils down to that question, what do you want to do and which models do you like :) Revolve around that! We have more than one competative route to go!
For example the same applies to Brass Stampede, Khorne Lords on Juggernauts can be great and so can Brass Stampede, if you want to go that route, there is very little that stops you from not embracing it. The same kind of example applies to me for Gore Pilgrims and The Goretide aswell. Because the beauty of The Goretide is that it doesn't really require much from you other than a preferance for Blood Warriors and Skullreaper use :D 

D) Really cool set up, beautiful models to go for! There is one big 'but'! What do your Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster really does for your army here?
- Will he remove an oppossing Monster? Certainly!
- Will he potentially support other Khorne Daemons when he is in the thick of it? Likely not.
- Will he be as trivially difficult to remove as potential big units with Bronzed Flesh? Likely not.
So in my opinion I think that he's an awesome inclusion but perhaps not the most competative choice. A third Slaughterpriest, second Bloodsecrator and a couple of big fat units would likely scare me more, as there isn't one simple focus point to thake our or even ignore. WoK BT can be fantastic in the right set ups, but I do feel inclined to say that this is with multiple Daemon units. For a simple reason, he will be in melee quickly and from that point on gaining Blood Tithe points and with a single Blood Tithe point you can now Lord of the Blood Hunt 2 units. 

Let me know which models you really like! :D Going Bloodbound heavy in forces isn't bad at all! Just then ensure you support that completely.

@Centurio I really like the first list! Would be inclined to merge 1 of the Skullcrusher units for Bloodblessing Reasons :) 

The secondary list also looks really fine but I'd be inclined to not merge or assist it with Gore Pilgrims. I just don't see a real justification why you wouldn't just run with more Khorne Lords on Juggernauts (2) and Bloodsecrators (2+) plus a potential Bloodstoker. 

Gore Pilgrims is really a fine Battalion but in order to make Slaughterpriests 'truely sync up' I'd be inclined to go for massed infantry numbers. The moment I would go for an MSU approach Bloodsecrators to me seem like the better choice. The cost difference also isn't massive when we factor in the costs for the Battalions. 

Cheers,

Good evening, 

I've been following this conversation on the Goretide battalion and I must say I ignored it or overlooked it, thinking it wasn't appropriate for 2k matched games. So thank you for that, really appreciate it :)

Although I have a question about this battalion, it seems to me that by using it it is possible to do a one drop army, am I correct?

The Goretide may also contain the following:

• 0-1 Gorechose battalion
  • 3-7 warscroll battalions ....
  • Any number of additional KHORNE BLOODBOUND units or warscroll battalions

Given that all my army is composed by KHORNE BLOODBOUND, the last bullet point allows me to include all of them into Goretide battalion, is that the case?

Thank you

17 minutes ago, davidslv said:

Good evening, 

I've been following this conversation on the Goretide battalion and I must say I ignored it or overlooked it, thinking it wasn't appropriate for 2k matched games. So thank you for that, really appreciate it :)

Although I have a question about this battalion, it seems to me that by using it it is possible to do a one drop army, am I correct?

Given that all my army is composed by KHORNE BLOODBOUND, the last bullet point allows me to include all of them into Goretide battalion, is that the case?

Thank you

Essentially, you must first include the necessary and required units for the Battalion, that includes the Slaughterborn and MLoK, etc.

At that point, you may include any individual units within the battalion as well, in addition to any other Khorne Bloodbound battalions not specifically named in the 3-7 part. 

To answer your question: Yes, you can include all of your Khorne Bloodbound units inside of the Goretide. Do try to fit as many as possible into the Slaughterborn as well to gets it's benefits, too. 

7 hours ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

At that point, you may include any individual units within the battalion as well, in addition to any other Khorne Bloodbound battalions not specifically named in the 3-7 part. 

To answer your question: Yes, you can include all of your Khorne Bloodbound units inside of the Goretide. Do try to fit as many as possible into the Slaughterborn as well to gets it's benefits, too. 

I don't want to be "that guy" but there is quite the discussion out there about how the may-part is working.

It boils down to the question, does every bullet point stands for itself or are they a related block or sequence of conditions. (you want +X blood bound? Gotta take 3 battalions first...)

I lean more towards the first interpretation as well, but it's not clear cut. You have to discuss it with your playgroup beforehand.

There's too much rules lawyering over that goretide battalion. People need to stop breaking it down so much and take it on face value. 

It's really easy, you just make it complicated by looking for more than that's there 

I feel it is rather clear cut. The only thing that isn't clear cut is how many Mighty Lord of Khorne are affected by Aqshy's Bane. Because it doesn't state one, a general or anything in particular other than that it refers to The Goretide's MLoK, but the Battalion can include more as one... However I think it's save to assume it applies to only one. 
In regards to the bulletpoints, there isn't a single Battalion that rule that states you must succeed bullet point "1" to go to the other. In that same vein if it's a may, you may. The only thing that's relatively 'new' is that this is a may with a 3+ minimum requirement for certain named Battalions. Not even all. 
In addition if this was the case additional 3-7 Battalions couldn't even be played because the first bulletpoint is looking for Gorechosen. 

Now with that out of the way, a small warning to othe Khorne players might be that some to me seem upset about how GW promotes Khorne for Age of Sigmar. Call it a vague jealousy or whatever but there are just too many things in Blades of Khorne that are A or B and not something in between. As there are examples of many other variants also. The same applies to the Bloodsecrator. There is again nothing that notes we are talking about a non-culumative ability. 
In general I would say that most of the Bloodbound Battallions arn't too exciting for competative play. The few who are good (such as The Goretide) suddenly seem to upset a part of the community which then tries to question the simplest text written. 

Cheers,

Stop thinking in the 2k matched play mindset.

There is 2 other game modes, open and narrative, and varying size games.

Restricting your views on it to 2k is idiotic.

This can fit in 2k correct. You only require the mighty Lord of khorne and the slaughterborn to do so.

You can add, the gorechosen.

You can add other battalions, but you must use between 3-7

You can add individual Bloodbound units/hero to it 

These additional battalions are clearly designed for large games 2.5k+

For those additional bonuses in the picture you require all the battalions listed in it.

The bonus referring to the mighty Lord is intended for the goretide Leading mighty Lord of khorne.

Screenshot_20170430-131618.jpg

37 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

This can fit in 2k correct. You only require the mighty Lord of khorne and the slaughterborn to do so.

You can add, the gorechosen.

You can add other battalions, but you must use between 3-7

You can add individual Bloodbound units/hero to it 

These additional battalions are clearly designed for large games 2.5k+

For those additional bonuses in the picture you require all the battalions listed in it.

The bonus referring to the mighty Lord is intended for the goretide Leading mighty Lord of khorne.

Screenshot_20170430-131618.jpg

Best summary on this so far. Can you do the same for the other discussed issues, too? :)

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Idiotic? Nobody should stop thinking in any mindset. In my opinion players should do and play as they like. Some like 2K Matched play. Some Battalions arn't made for that, neither is bad, just a reflection of what's going on. 

I really don't see why you'd even use those words, it speaks about excluding a particular type of discussion for no reason. In any case I can see where the confusion can occur. Rules discussions are good because in those 20 pages roughly 18 where asking questions on how certain rules are resolved because the reader couldn't make sence of it.

*In fact there are a ton of Rules re-worded for Blades of Khorne compaired to Bloodbound and Khorne Daemons. The confusion is not bad, it's actually very logical. That's what re-wording rules does to players who arn't arms deep into AoS rules.

What's idiotic is not trying to help out other players, for whatever playstyle they prefer. If a player asks about 2K advice you try and responce with 2K advice. Obviously the game is more as 2K, that's nots not even a point of discussion...

If you can't help out newer Blades of Khorne players, then yeah, sure, skip 20 pages... I don't think that asking advice should even tire someone. The whole point is about chatting about Khorne? Not only chatting with Khorne Veterans?

42 minutes ago, Killax said:

Idiotic? Nobody should stop thinking in any mindset. In my opinion players should do and play as they like. Some like 2K Matched play. Some Battalions arn't made for that, neither is bad, just a reflection of what's going on. 

I really don't see why you'd even use those words, it speaks about excluding a particular type of discussion for no reason. In any case I can see where the confusion can occur. Rules discussions are good because in those 20 pages roughly 18 where asking questions on how certain rules are resolved because the reader couldn't make sence of it.

*In fact there are a ton of Rules re-worded for Blades of Khorne compaired to Bloodbound and Khorne Daemons. The confusion is not bad, it's actually very logical. That's what re-wording rules does to players who arn't arms deep into AoS rules.

What's idiotic is not trying to help out other players, for whatever playstyle they prefer. If a player asks about 2K advice you try and responce with 2K advice. Obviously the game is more as 2K, that's nots not even a point of discussion...

If you can't help out newer Blades of Khorne players, then yeah, sure, skip 20 pages... I don't think that asking advice should even tire someone. The whole point is about chatting about Khorne? Not only chatting with Khorne Veterans?

im not stopping anyone from doing anything. 

but thinking that every single battalion is designed exclusively for 2k matched play is not the way to approach things and people need to realise that

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

but thinking that every single battalion is designed exclusively for 2k matched play is not the way to approach things and people need to realise that

I completely agree but wouldn't call it idiotic if someone would assume this without having a lot of knowledge of the game, ergo a new player might think this is the case. By large because for WFB and 40K a lot of the designs from the past where made for competative play and largely exclusively used with this concept in mind. 

Where I agree is that just a small part of Age of Sigmar is actually intended for Matched play. However for some players Tournaments are the only way to actually play multiple consecutive games because they don't have a large player group locally. Some players might not value certain Battalions high with this in mind, it's all a possible part of Age of Sigmar games. 

Likewise I also know that a lot of players actually use Matched play points for their Narrative games, by large because it does give some clear definition instead of making each game a free for all. Like it or not, Matched play points is what actually build up the community, Podcasts and a lot of interest for the game. Players need certain borders to reflect upon. 

Then there is the subject of House-rules that also make certain choices different. As an example, if you cannot stack same name abilities for a SCGT event then for me personally it does not come as a suprise that Blades of Khorne is a no-show in the top 3 because a lot of our power directly comes from having the same abilities in larger quantities, Bronzed Flesh and Rage of Khorne being the prime examples.

So to me discussion about Rules, 2K Matched play, Narrative play or Open play are never idiotic.

Thanks again for all the replies everyone.

I've been struggling to keep track (and remember) of all the answers in the forum - some are somewhere in this thread others have been posted in other threads (such as Blades of Khorne FAQ) and others are spread elsewhere.

I took the initiative to create a Google Document where the intention is to gather the answers to the questions about Blades of Khorne in this document so it's easier to find what you were looking for.

Most of my questions are focus on 2K matched games - which is what I play, I don't know nothing about Narrative play, but there's space for it in this document if anyone would like to cover that and other subjects.

At the moment the document is still very incomplete - I just started a couple of hours ago, although I would be grateful if anyone would like to dedicate a few minutes to edit the document and add extra information. My idea is that this could be a community driven document with common questions and answers, pointers to official information, etc...

I envision that this could help others that just started with Khorne and save them from reading (currently) 40 pages, or even to create another topic on something that has been covered already somewhere.

I appreciate all the help, the following link is for the google document, anyone has permissions to edit the document, add and erase information - I hope this helps others and I'm really grateful for anyone who helps.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GaD5l2H47azxg6kCld2fIUShzwb5kzML4q73qOe4Zl4/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you

@LysandestolpeThere's a discussion further back in this thread where I broke down my view of Skaarac and how he plays.  To summarize though it's this:

He's random.  He tends to either do great or flop.  In matched play this is just not something you're going to want in your army because you can never really rely on him.  He also does best against horde armies and will just feel useless against elites.  His fall off in stats for how much damage he's taken is really bad too.  You could always try buffing him with Slaughterpriests to make a big unmovable brick out of him that someone needs to dump a lot of damage into but I feel even that isn't going to make up for his 500 point cost.  Khorgoraths point for point just out do him now by a lot since their damage bump.

5x Khorgoraths = 40 wounds and 25 attacks at 3+, 3+, -1, 2 damage

His command ability allows Khorne Monsters to run and charge in the same turn.  He is MUCH faster than his fellow Khorgoraths and so you're not likely to get them into combat first turn alongside him and he will likely die before getting to use his command ability again if he's focused down.  His ability wants you to run a lot of big and fast monsters which all cost a lot of points, which leaves you with little room for battleline and heroes. 

All said I don't regret buying him.  He's a great model, and he's loads of fun when I do run him in friendly, casual, or narrative type games.  If you love Khorne, and you plan to buy everything Khorne then yeah, get him, use him, enjoy him.  If you're just looking to build a single solid Khorne force then just pass on him.  Or I dunno...add some wings and turn him into a Bloodthirster if you just have to have that model.

I'm hoping on a revision of all forgeworld model stats at some point personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, Jharen said:

@LysandestolpeThere's a discussion further back in this thread where I broke down my view of Skaarac and how he plays.  To summarize though it's this:

He's random.  He tends to either do great or flop.  In matched play this is just not something you're going to want in your army because you can never really rely on him.  He also does best against horde armies and will just feel useless against elites.  His fall off in stats for how much damage he's taken is really bad too.  You could always try buffing him with Slaughterpriests to make a big unmovable brick out of him that someone needs to dump a lot of damage into but I feel even that isn't going to make up for his 500 point cost.  Khorgoraths point for point just out do him now by a lot since their damage bump.

5x Khorgoraths = 40 wounds and 25 attacks at 3+, 3+, -1, 2 damage

His command ability allows Khorne Monsters to run and charge in the same turn.  He is MUCH faster than his fellow Khorgoraths and so you're not likely to get them into combat first turn alongside him and he will likely die before getting to use his command ability again if he's focused down.  His ability wants you to run a lot of big and fast monsters which all cost a lot of points, which leaves you with little room for battleline and heroes. 

All said I don't regret buying him.  He's a great model, and he's loads of fun when I do run him in friendly, casual, or narrative type games.  If you love Khorne, and you plan to buy everything Khorne then yeah, get him, use him, enjoy him.  If you're just looking to build a single solid Khorne force then just pass on him.  Or I dunno...add some wings and turn him into a Bloodthirster if you just have to have that model.

I'm hoping on a revision of all forgeworld model stats at some point personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh man! This is a great answer, thank you for taking the time to summarize!  Yeah I see now he seems random in that sense. Perhaps best spending points on Bloodthrister for about half he points and a model that is equally dope!

Archived