My own Sylvaneth Wyldwood!?

Kimbo

I would allow non-GW Wyldwoods at my events providing they matched the exact size of the official kit and had the tree holes laid out in the correct places (and had suitable trees to put in said holes should their opponent demand it). That said, I can't say I've ever had to state this or answer the query at any of my events.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the threadomancy but what is the stance on this these days.  I have a good number of trees left over from my wood elves from before the end times and I would like to know the stance on buying base cutouts from say eBay and using model train trees instead of the plastic ones.  I understand tournaments prohibiting them but why would a gamesworkshop store not allow them.  

Say I came in with my Sylvaneth for a game and put them out in the exact same layout and tree placement as the citadel ones only to be told I can’t play using those in the store.  That really sounds rude and kind of insulting in a way that grinds my gears.  I’m really wondering how often this happens to people these days.  

I know this thread is a few years old so I wanted to know the stance on it these days.

Archived