1k tournament

Vilks

Hey guys first time poster here!! I have a 1k tournament in Jan and I'm tossing up between 3 lists I would love some input from others!!

list 1

Castellant 100

2x 5 liberator squads 200
2x knight venitor 240
1x 5 judicator squad 160
1x 2 concussor squad 280

List 2

Celestent 100
Castellant 100 
2x knight venitor 240
1x 5 lib 100
1x judicator 160
1x5 retributor 220
1x prosecutor 80

List 3

Lord celestent 100
Lord castellant 100
1x 5 judicators 160
1x 5 retributors 220
1x 5 liberators 100
1x 2 concussors 280
1 x gryph hound 40

So what does everyone think? I have played a few tournaments at 2k where I have come out very well in all of them I'm just finding it hard to make a decent list at a lower points value! Cheers in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I hate when topics go unanswered. I realize, that it may be too late. However, let me take a stab at it.

Definitely not List 2. It lacks focus and it simply too slow. The 5 Retributors will not get an awful lot done with their 4" movement without any help. List 3 has a similar problem. While both Concussors and Retributors are good, taking both spreads you thin and again, the Retributors will not get a whole lot done. I would generally avoid Paladin units without reliable means of transportation like the Vexillor (still, rather meh) or Battalions like Skyborne Slayers, Warrior Bro-hood or the Hammerstrike thingy (the name escapes me). Because of that, I usually count Dracothian Guard to do the heavy lifting in my 1000pts lists. There maybe alternatives and ways to make Paladins work, though. This is just my opinion according to my play style. I prefer consistent performances. Not one-offs ;)

Now then. List 1. I actually like it a lot. You have a solid body-count, ranged elements to take out key units and a hard hitter to apply pressure. The Concussors have no issues with mobility and the Castellan only makes them tougher.

So yeah, this my take on it, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the input immersturm I have the same views that you have listed I have played a few practice games with each and like you said have found the paladins very slow to get where they are needed! List 1 has played well for me so I think I will be taking that one I have played a game with another list that I found very fun but not sure how it will go it is.

1x lord on dracoth 

1x2 concussors

1x2 concussors

1x5 liberators

1x 5 liberators

libs are there to hold objectives in the back field and concussors can move fast and strike hard I don't feel this would be the strongest in a tournament but your thoughts would be appreciated! 

2 hours ago, Vilks said:

Thanks for the input immersturm I have the same views that you have listed I have played a few practice games with each and like you said have found the paladins very slow to get where they are needed! List 1 has played well for me so I think I will be taking that one I have played a game with another list that I found very fun but not sure how it will go it is.

1x lord on dracoth 

1x2 concussors

1x2 concussors

1x5 liberators

1x 5 liberators

libs are there to hold objectives in the back field and concussors can move fast and strike hard I don't feel this would be the strongest in a tournament but your thoughts would be appreciated! 

I have tried this list and have found that the low model count hurts this list too much at 1k points, particularly against armies with high wounds and attack output like Savage Orruks or Bloodbound. 

The list I use most in 1k is this: 

2X5 Liberators

2X5 Judicators

2 Concussors

LCOD

The liberators do a lot when it comes to creating a wall or holding objectives, the judicators are pretty tanky for archers and are good at wiping heroes. 

A 1000p list I had lot of success with is this: Lord Celestant (Warlord: Reckless), Lord Castellan, Knight Venator, 2x5 Liberators, 4 Fulmenators. The buff stacking makes the Fulmenators very hard to deal with. I can see it having issues against Beastclaw Raiders and possibly Skryre shenanigans, but it trampled FEC and Sylv without even a hick-up.

On 11/01/2017 at 10:34 PM, Vilks said:

thanks for the input shoe! your list you mentioned isn't that 1020 points? I think i am going to run with list 1 any ideas on who i should make the warlord and what items to give him?

Take 1 of his 5 liberator units away and take a Lord Relictor instead and its 1000 and incidentally what I am running at the moment!

For 1000pt lists, what do you guys do when you come across Thundertusks? It's a rough matchup for eliter armies like Stormcast, though I think something full of shooting could maybe chunk one down a fair amount. Here's something I was looking at:

Celestant Prime
Knight-Venator
Judicators (Bows)
Judicators (Bows)
Prosecutors with Javelins
Prosecutors with Javelins
Gryph-Hound

The Prime seems really expensive for Vanguard, but consider that the other teleport option is a Vexillor + expensive unit (440/480 for teleporting two Dracoths, 400 for teleporting 5 Paladins, 600 for 10 of them), he's actually cheap in comparison. This list has a lot of shooting and can use the Prime to clean up at T3 or even bring him down on 2 if you need an early game troubleshooter. Might suffer against fast melee units, but you can use the cheap Prosecutors and even the Hound to protect the Judicators. 

Archived