The Forgotten Dead - A PicLog

CoffeeGrunt

Not had much time for painting in the past week. Made the brilliant plan of choosing Gravity Falls as my background noise for painting over the last week, it backfired when I basically stopped painting and just watched the show.

Like, you should all watch it, is what I'm saying.

Aaanyway, some progress was made. I've got 20 Zombies almost finished, just need basing, then that'll bring me up to 60 in total. I also finished the base for my VLoZD which I'm fairly pleased with. Hoping to get some Black Knights or Grave Guard done next. :)

WP_20161118_23_51_05_Pro.jpgWP_20161118_23_51_16_Pro.jpgWP_20161118_23_51_29_Pro.jpg

Got a box of Morghasts and had a little fun building them. Decided I didn't much like the wings on them and wanted them to look more like amalgams of resurrected corpses rather than constructs. I used the spare parts to make something, and tried out some green stuff rags to give it a wraithlike "angel of death" look. I'm thinking of running it as a Vampire Lord with wings.

Also added some meat and skin to the Morghasts, I had the idea that they were almost avatars of destruction and slaughter, that kill all before them and amalgamate it onto themselves. I like the idea of a more "Chaos"-like Death force. Much like how enough people being diseased in an area can empower Nurgle, why can Death itself not be a force that causes Daemon-like apparitions and warping of reality where enough death has occurred?

OS4Mpzk.jpg

aFAlMKU.jpg

• Like 4

And I also managed to get some Black Knights painted to round out my ten-rider squad, which has been pretty handy as a fast outrider in a lot of games. Now that I'm learning how to use retreat tactics properly with cavalry on top of their regen, I've managed to make them incredibly annoying for my opponents, haha. And that's before I give them a 24" move with Fly via Settra to float them onto objectives and irritate my foes. :P

WP_20161128_00_03_27_Pro.jpgWP_20161128_00_04_11_Pro.jpg

Bases will be sorted at a later date. Usual snowy fare. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Main problem I had with the Morghasts is that the hip and ankle joints are designed to go in one particular position without much room to change it up.

I tried to make the one on the right look like it was charging forward, while the other was leaping back blocking an incoming swing. :)

Blah, sounds like a buttload of effort. Might be fairly easy to clip all the junk off their feet and position them so they're rearing up over some rocks (available in gardens worldwide).

Haha, yeah. No good bitz go unused. I've still got one set that I'm pondering about a couple of projects with, hopefully at least one of them comes to fruition. In the meantime, I got a my Dire Wolves painted and based on Friday just in time for a tournament today, was quite pleased to get a fully-painted force together in time, and won three out of four of my games to boot! :)

WP_20161210_19_31_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20161210_19_31_42_Pro.jpg

Also looking up some 28mm Giant Spiders to serve as steeds for counts-as Necropolis Knights...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

10 more Skellingtons done over the Christmas period, quite pleased with how they came out. Realised after assembling the forces for a 4.5K throwdown that I only have about 420pts unpainted, so close to completing my forces for the first time in forever!
WP_20161228_22_08_25_Pro.jpg

Well, I do have 6 Spirit Hosts and 20 Skeleton Archers on the build pile, a plan to repaint my ghosts and ideas for future conversions...but still closer than I've ever been. :P

Yeah, I don't want to overdo it, but once they're all assembled in their 40 man squad it'll help give a bit of variation without looking ridiculous. :)

Also got my Wight King with Infernal Standard painted up, just stuck a Black Knight banner on him to represent it. I'd really love to get my hands on the official Forge World model some day, but it's sadly very scarce since it went OoP.  Now only 300pts of Death left to paint! 

15822806_10208648628389225_595411128572915823359_10208648628549229_718016337680015825932_10208648628789235_4364087100136

• Like 1