Drakesworn Templar or Lord Celestant?

Still-young

I'm building my Stardrake kit, and I was wondering whether to go with the Drakesworn Templar or the Lord Celestant? I don't have much gaming experience so I'm struggling to choose. What are their roles, and the pros and cons of each? I already have a Lord Celestant on Dracoth from the starter, I'm not sure if that means I wouldn't use another one as much? Cheers. 

The Command Ability of the Lord C is a bit pants and only really works if you are going for lots more Dracoth Knights. The real advantage he has is his shield - not only making him 3+ save rerolling ones, but also firing out mortal wounds if you save a rerolled save.

• 4 months later...

I`m planning on buying the kit soon, but I can't seem to decide what would be the better choice in the long run.

I would like to know about everyone's experience playing with either the LCoS or the DT, like how they perform in battle?

Would you say a different weapon and re-rolling saves of 1 is worth the 100pts? Not counting the command ability since the LCoS is likely not going to be the general of the army.

Generally both Stardrakes doesn't worth their points. They can deal solid damage if the enemy is filled with cheap and large numbered units but extremely useless against other beast and elite troops. if your enemy have some big bad stuff just don't use Stardrake anyway.

If you really want to use it, a Lord Castllant plus some Mystic Shield will go very well on a LC Stardrake. Then the Drake is only weak against very high rend or MW and its shield can really kill a lot with damage reflection.

If you team is range focused, the Templar is cheaper and can give same ranged support as LC. 

23 hours ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

I`m planning on buying the kit soon, but I can't seem to decide what would be the better choice in the long run.

I would like to know about everyone's experience playing with either the LCoS or the DT, like how they perform in battle?

Would you say a different weapon and re-rolling saves of 1 is worth the 100pts? Not counting the command ability since the LCoS is likely not going to be the general of the army.

I took it to a tournament and found it very tanky but not at all invincible (no castellant with me mind you). It's expensive. The breath is excellent against artillery and hiding low wound units and heroes. The shield is excellent. Eating stuff is the best.

I made a report of my tournament (my first, so bear that in mind - I'm a noob) here>

I think to get the most for your points you should run a dracoth list with an LCoSD. No LCoSD or Templar otherwise unless youre wanting fun games and cool times. It IS fun.

Archived