Skeleton Warriors - Standard Bearer

Sneedlewoods

Hi Guys,

short question about the Skeleton Warrior's Standard Bearer:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-skeleton-warriors-en.pdf

The Discription says "Models in this unit may be Standard Bearers" so there can be more than one bearer in a unit, but from where do  you measure the bravery debuff of 6"? The model or the unit as whole? I mean theoretically you could have all models as Standard Bearer.

Will there be a bravery debuff for each Standard Bearer or for each unit which contains a Standard Bearer?

I'm afraid this might be a pretty dumb question. :-D

It's 6" from a Standardbearer (so the shortest distance between). If they wanted the entire unit within range they would have said "wholly within"

All models could be standard bearers but it would have the same effect as having 1 or 2.

The rule says "any death standard bearer" so it souldn't be cumulative.

20 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

Multiple death standards dont stack, not even from different units. Note that its the  same standard carried by black knights and grave guard. 

The wording for measuring sais its within 6" of the standard bearer, so the model. 

Has this been FAQ'd? 

Pretty sure they stack from different units? Or at least that's how I've played it. 

59 minutes ago, Boombatty80 said:

Has this been FAQ'd? 

Pretty sure they stack from different units? Or at least that's how I've played it. 

The exact wording is:

"Subtract 1 from the Bravery characteristic of enemy units whilst they are within 6" of any Death Standard Bearers."

Note the use of *any* :)

1 hour ago, Boombatty80 said:

Has this been FAQ'd? 

No need to FAQ, the wording is clear. They work the same way the Legion of Blood trait does, "within 6" of any." Otherwise it would render the LoB trait pretty irrelevant, and make spamming min units for maximum Standard Bearers pretty overpowered. (Could easily get to -5 Bravery before even considering the likes of Overwhelming Dread or LoB Trait.)

Archived