Bloodstoker

yarrickson

Question

So Mr Whippy. The Bloodstoker. His 'whipped to fury' rule reads as: 

' you can add 3" to all run or charge rolls for that unit'...

To me that reads as adding 3" to all rolls that are runs or charges. However my pee-taking fellow players interpret it as only one or the other. 

How are you playing it? 

6 answers to this question

Pedantic answer, you can only do one or the other anyway..

Flippant answer, buy some knuckle dusters for when your friends feel like being funny.

Serious answer; the word 'either' is missing, so there's nothing to indicate the options are exclusive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dan.Ford said:

Sorry to bring this question up again but how has it been played  in the last 12 months at events when combined with the Bloodthirster of wrath?

You should know better than anyone :o !

However to date I believe it works on any charge or run rolls, it's affect doesn't dissapear after one use so to say. Despite under normal circumstances a unit would only be able to do either once per turn (run or charge). Likewise if you do have the option to attack multiple times it's effect would also be applied multiple times throughout the turn. (Until the next Hero phase) 

Which is why I believe GW has altered the Blood Tithe to the start of the Hero phase aswell, however in the case of for example Blood Warriors I also believe that you would still be able to re-roll 1's to wound "twice", in this example the Blood Warriors could have attacked once normally and the second time thanks to No Respite. As a result I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to add the other half of the bonus that Whipped to Fury grands "twice".

Locally there have been no complaints against me for playing it the way @Arkiham describes. It has been a reason as to why opponents will want to deal with a Bloodthirster (any) ASAP. 

Archived