Dealing with Putrid Blightkings

BarrowLord

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for how to deal with Nurgle's chosen.  I tend to be a pretty casual player using Legions of Nagash, but one of the folks at my shop has been building a competitive list based on Maggotkin's mortal followers.  In particular I'm concerned about his battalion (Plaguetouched Warband) in combination with a bunch of named characters.  I often run a mixture of Deathrattle and Nighthaunt units, with a heavier emphasis on Deathrattle, but I'm now concerned that a sizable chunk of my force will be nonviable.

10 hours ago, Honk said:

leave them in the bog (30 wolves, 40 skellis, 60 zombies) and remember!NOT! to grab a double turn, if he gets one your regeneration might not be enough 

My bog isn't quite that strong, but your point about the double turn is a good one!  Preventing him from getting a double is really important regarding keeping my forces alive to regenerate.  I'm also bringing some more Deathmages as well.  Necromancers look like they are really good at sowing disruption.

Stupid mistakes I tend to make...

took a double to bring up my 40 skellis, he charged in 10 brutes and got a return double inspired to attack and mopped up the rest during his close combat... 3 attackphases without regen just dissolved them like a snowball in hell (sun-tzu wept)

20 wounds for 160 points... 10 puppies for 120 have 20 wounds and then the grind is on. Or speedbump them with 2x5 he might kill them in one round, but if not, regenerate and another round not getting anywhere 

Archived