Slann and dispell

ageofpaddsmar

Question

Does the Slann require line of site to dispel. Ive always played it as he does need it but I played a fellow seraphon player back along and he was dispelling even if he couldn't see my caster. I didn't say anything as it was a friendly game. Im asking now for future tournaments I play in

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Does the Slann require line of site to dispel. Ive always played it as he does need it but I played a fellow seraphon player back along and he was dispelling even if he couldn't see my caster. I didn't say anything as it was a friendly game. Im asking now for future tournaments I play in

The core-rules say so.

If a spell is cast, the opposing player can choose any ne of their wizards that is within 18" of the caster, and that can see them, and attempt to unbind the spell before it's effects are applied.

The wording on the ability says:

can attempt to unbind enemy spells that are cast anywhere on the battlefield

The way it's worded doesn't just specify that the range is unlimited it specifically states anywhere, which would make me think no line of sight and they can reach anywhere on the table.

2 hours ago, Stevie754 said:

The wording on the ability says:

The way it's worded doesn't just specify that the range is unlimited it specifically states anywhere, which would make me think no line of sight and they can reach anywhere on the table.

Untitled-2.png.2dd5c5fea29f6e228c643f5c7de85f9a.png

There's an important second half to the sentence you half-quoted. Anywhere rather than within 18" seems to imply distance only, as line of sight is not mentioned in the 'rather than' half. Count me in for still requires los.

Archived