Let's chat : Wraith Fleet

Peegee

15 hours ago, Sennyo said:

i believe you have that wrong, the wraith fleet allegiance can be taken on top of the Death grand alliance  allegiance, you getting the befits for both. from what i can work out you cannot take the wraith fleet allegiance with factions allegiances like soulblight when playing match play.

All correct. No subfaction can take wraith fleet, but as a death GA army with wraith fleet will be sick! A lot more mobility for us now, but slightly risky on a 3+ to deploy them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, Killax said:

The second question I have is if there is any Battalion that is allowed and mixes well with this...

The Battalion "Legion of Death" with the movement bonus seems to fit pretty well. The only problem is that you won't benefit from it the turn you "disembark". But the following turn you're in good position to expand far on the map, even with skellies Warriors.

The Battalion is quite a tax since Grave Guards and Black Knights are not our best options. But it gives a very handy speed bonus.

By the way, I wonder if you could one-drop the Battalion, seting up part of it on the table and the rest aside in the Fleet. 

2 hours ago, Peegee said:

By the way, I wonder if you could one-drop the Battalion, seting up part of it on the table and the rest aside in the Fleet. 

I should imagine so. It's not a battalion so I should assume you get to chose which units are on the pirate vessel and which units start on the ground.

do we know when wraith fleet is due to drop?

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

I was assuming so, seeming as order already have 3 bloody boxes!?

Well I think you'll be disappointed. No rumours anywhere on anything other than the 3 they released with the campaign pack.  Someone suggested the focus on order in Firestorm was maybe due to them winning the previous campaign.

Why is it you cant take it as a soulblight army they even talk about it in the artikel that you could use bloodlines to make -2 to bravyer with the nercomantic bloodline. But you guys says you can only do it as GA death

1 hour ago, Rahr said:

Why is it you cant take it as a soulblight army they even talk about it in the artikel that you could use bloodlines to make -2 to bravyer with the nercomantic bloodline. But you guys says you can only do it as GA death

Because the rule have been faqqed and now u can only use firestorm alliance with grand alliance. 

The faq is on warhammer community 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Koalaninja said:

Rules question. Do you have to start with 3 battleline on the board or can you start with two and bring one in from the fleet? 

All 3 of your battleline can star off the table if you wish. Actually your whole army can.

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

So when is the rule set for wraith fleet released, as in when can we officially use the allegiance!?

Last month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 8:11 PM, Dracothjay said:

They are in the rulebook in the boxed set.

I don't have the rulebook. I'm aware of the allegiance abilities, but as I do not have the rule book  does wraith fleet allegiance have to field and certain models? for example a MORTIS ENGINE must be fielded as that is the vessel upon which the army transports?

9 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

I don't have the rulebook. I'm aware of the allegiance abilities, but as I do not have the rule book  does wraith fleet allegiance have to field and certain models? for example a MORTIS ENGINE must be fielded as that is the vessel upon which the army transports?

Nope, you just have to restrict yourself to SOULBLIGHT, DEATHRATTLE, NIGHTHAUNT, and DEATHMAGES units. 

It's best to conceive of the vessels they're using being just off the board edge, unless you want to do some (super cool) conversions...

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hulksmash said:

Considering this for a norse/viking/dwarven force. It'd be nice to have another death army outside of my FEC. Anyone had any success with this?

Tried it a few times, it's a good idea (and great theme) on paper but from a tactical standpoint all of your success is based on pure chance. Will the units you want/need be able to come on this turn? Will those units that do come on get their charges off? If you don't get the dice rolls you want you can end up being left completely exposed without support, just getting completely smashed - it's definitely not for me.

Archived