Slaves 1250 fun game list

Kaleb Daark

Hi all,

I'm getting a break tomorrow and going to the local store to play a quick game at 1250 points.

I've decided to bring the Slaves to darkness with me as they're just fun and I've actually got them painted apart from the warshrine.

So this is what I was thinking...

Mortal Khorne Slaves to darkness

Lord on Manticore 250

Warshrine 180

30 chaos warriors 480

5 chaos great blade warriors 180

so what do I do with the other 160?

my thoughts were some blades of khorne allies?

what do you reckon

So I came up with this int he end...

Chaos Lord on Manticore - Khorne

Daemon Blade and Dagger Fist

Trait: Eternal vendetta (I know I'll be facing an order army as he wants to try out his stormcast)

Artifact:  If I can take one from the Blades of Khorne - Gorecleaver, failing that Banner of the demagogue

Warshrine - Khorne

Battleline

30 Chaos warriors with Halberds and shields, champions, musicians and standard bearers

5 chaos warriors with greatblades, champions, musicians and standard bearers

Allies:

Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker

and I'm left with 40 points in the bag.

The game went really well.

i know nothing about stormcast other than they can do the ride the lightning thing and hit like a ton of bricks.

i deployed close to the shrine and used the shrine to shield my bloodsecrator.

we used open war cards and  ended up with three objectives to cover, an assymetric deployment and my opponent gained the ability to bring back one unit from the dead as a reinforcement.

every unit in the field was also immune to battle shock.

Observations:

the dice were kind, after five turns I lost initiative only on turn five.

Between the lord (of khorne ) on manticore and the war shrine, the thirty strong block of warriors are awesome and which the portal of skulls truly scary with the three attacks and the halberd mean that nearly every one of them got a hit it once piled on.

the war shrine made its points back in droves, and managed to save four wounds with its aura ability.

for anything else there was the stokers re roll wounds ability which again was invaluable especially on some of the fringe units.

the large horde of warriors at one point were engaged in three separate combats but engaged as one unit which although weakened them in punching power made the unit an incredible tarpit.

for fluff reasons I attacked characters with my lord, his eye of the gods being triggered twice, but knocked down to five wounds by the character hunting choppy guy.

i think we both thought that he'd walk it, steam rollering through them with his big hammer and mace units.

personally I thought he could have used his banner guy to lightning strike a unit near the bloodsecrator to get rid of him.

i thought I was going to get surrounded and had planned to defend rather than attack.

pics to follow.

SlavesTo Darkness deployment:

36453463823_b6560d19ee_c.jpg

Stormcast Deployment

36453462433_91633d75f3_c.jpg

36453461253_3ae725ce75_c.jpg

The battle by turn 2

36453460123_2716aaa086_c.jpg

Turn 3

37095807732_ae066d6fb8_c.jpgbehold the power of painted models

turn 4

37095805692_2252b6699d_c.jpg how do we explain this to Sigmar?

37095809062_d53f7b9466_z.jpg the aura from the shrine saves the bloodstoker two times!

:)

more pics to follow as I get them off the store manager.

Lesson's learnt - next time play them as mortal khorne.  I missed out on things like blood tithe and other cool stuff from the blades of khorne. but with the lord on manticore, and the warrior slab I knew that the stoker and the bloodsecrator were added bonuses,  not pivotal for the survival of the army.

Archived