Is there a list of all free battleplans?

boomr19

I don't know if there is already a list like this somewhere on the forum, but I was wondering if there was a place that had a list of all the free battle plans all in one place. Now I haven't purchased any of the campaign books or realm gate books or anything so I'm not asking for anyone to post any of the battle plans that you would only have access to if you bought those books, (that would feel a bit dishonest) but what about one single list for all the ones that you can find free but are scattered all over?

I've had this idea kicking around in my head of creating a website to serve as an online repository of custom battleplans. It would allow users to upload their own battleplans and rate the ones others have uploaded. Everything can be divided into sections so you can search for a multiplayer battleplan quickly if that's what you want, or head over to the Narrative section where you might find multi-battle campaigns.

Unfortunately, I've also come to the conclusion that I don't actually have the time to do this. So, I leave this idea out there in the hopes someone else actually does.

Yeah that would be legit, I know that fantasy flight has a similar site for their X wing scenarios. Hmm now you got me thinking about making the site myself... Good summer project right? Ad you said though time is always the thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, boomr19 said:

Yeah that would be legit, I know that fantasy flight has a similar site for their X wing scenarios. Hmm now you got me thinking about making the site myself... Good summer project right? Ad you said though time is always the thing

Yeah. I could do that or actually paint more models.

If I monetized it, it might make it worthwhile, but I have a strong suspicion Games Workshop would send a cease and desist. So...it has to be someone with the free time, love of web design, and passion for the game to actually do this as a labor of love. Maybe some college student who uses this as a school project or as a means to teach himself web design?

21 minutes ago, boomr19 said:

Ha maybe I should contact them and offer to make it for them.

I doubt GW would want it since they are still invested in selling you battleplans.

If you're doing it you want to go one step further and create campaigns with the fluff behind them...

I've wondered whether it would actually need to be a website or whether you could get away with a blog/wiki type format (it would save a lot of coding)

Always a challenge working out what you can get away with and what you can't ;)  It's one of the reasons I've not pre-populated my warscroll designer with existing warscrolls.  Plus as soon as you start making a profit from it, you're onto dodgy ground

1 hour ago, Liath said:

If you're doing it you want to go one step further and create campaigns with the fluff behind them...

I've wondered whether it would actually need to be a website or whether you could get away with a blog/wiki type format (it would save a lot of coding)

Maybe like a...."battleplan of the week"? Have people e-mail you battleplans and then publish your favorite every Friday. That could be done on wordpress or some other blogging platform quite easily. That's actually a great idea! Not as good as what I had originally envisioned, but far more do-able. Of course it depends on whether people would actually e-mail you any battleplans.

On 14/06/2017 at 9:51 AM, boomr19 said:

I guess this could also include custom battle plans that people are using

http://www.hobbyhammer.com/p/narrative-gaming-in-age-of-sigmar.html

I shall be updating again soon, with more free custom battleplans but here is a list of things I have done. if thats any help. Also has some GW ones from Season of War

Actually, Setting up such website where only the Site Admin Publishes the battleplans is an easy task once the basic design decisions are done. Heck you even have given me a nice idea for those warm evenings now (few things are as calming as coding on the balcony summer evenings...)

How big are your concerns about legal issues? I could put up such website but can't afford a lawyer:D

Archived