1st place in local league with IRONJAWZ

Anaticula

Fellow Megabosses!

I really did not think this would happen. But it did. I won our local league. I just had my final game and I thought it might be good to share this in a single topic.

Both semi-final and final were against Tzeentch, and I must say I expected to be kicked out each time. I was not.

It was a 1k point touney, and I want to share my list, which is, of course, not a big secret. Also, I figured, it is most important to know what to do with the models you field.

Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- General
- 2x Gore Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 5x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 5x Big Choppas
- Ironjawz Battleline

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1000/2000

General strategy: The big boss in the Brutes casts Inspiring PResence every HEro Phase on his unit so the enemy does not force BS tests on the unit. The Warchanter buffs either the Ardboyz or the Big Brute unit (situational). The Ardboyz bind a unit while the big truck unit takes out most dangerous foes. The Megaboss with Battle Brew stays close to the five Brutes. Together they take out heroes or whatever is needed.

In the final game we played three places of Power. We ended with a TIE, but luckily I had annihilated his whole army except the heroes, so I won.

There were two situations in which he got super lucky:

1. His Tzaangor shaman on disc faced three Brutes and he survived with one wound. He was able to put him on a place of power because of the damn wound.

2. One Unit of Tzaangors was crushed by my Brutes, but ONE Tzaangor did not run away! Because of this I was not able to charge his Ogroid Thaumaturge with the Brutes.

Overall, I am a bit proud. Of course, local events are dependent on the local Meta and cannot be compared to international tourneys. Nonetheless, MEgabosses, we are da best. We can crush em all.

Thank you for reading.

Oh, some pictures.

18948731_429268827444098_655307494_o.jpg

19022730_429258210778493_1133276161_o.jpg

15 hours ago, MagikVile said:

Very nice! Congrats! 

Did you end up taking bellowing tyrant on your general?

Thank you. 

I stayed with Ravager. One might argue it is the worse choice but I just need some kinda of "insurance" in case my dice roll for Rampaging destroyers sucks - which it does often enough.

Congrats on the win, against DoT no less. I've just started building a 1k ironjawz list pretty much the exact same as you brought to your league. Quick question about the big brute unit. If you armed them with choppas did you ever find yourself not being able to get some of them in range to attack?

Sorry one more quick question, again about brutes. Did you go with both bosses having claw and smasha? 

Good looking models too!

2 hours ago, kcjling said:

Congrats on the win, against DoT no less. I've just started building a 1k ironjawz list pretty much the exact same as you brought to your league. Quick question about the big brute unit. If you armed them with choppas did you ever find yourself not being able to get some of them in range to attack?

Sorry one more quick question, again about brutes. Did you go with both bosses having claw and smasha? 

Good looking models too!

The big "truck" unit is armed with Jagged Gore hackas, because most of the time 7 - 9 of them can hit the enemy. That's many more attacks than if you go with the two choppas. The Boss in that unit has a simple Boss Choppa, for fluff reasons, though my other brute bosses have Claw and Brute Smasha. It is the scarier option but tbh it does not matter in most cases.

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Well done @Anaticula, great result! You've done us proud :D 

Thanks. For da big Waaagh!. 

It's just fun winning with Ironjawz. They don't expect you to.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Titcher said:

nice list, it looks like the perfect starter list, what would yoi add to bump it up to 2000 points?

Depends how you want to play. 

For my style: I add another unit of 10 Ardboyz, 3 gore gruntas (because they are fast), another Warchanter, AND MORE BRUTES!

If you want to rip some serious face with the risk of having wasted 520 points, go for a Maw Krusha. He CAN be awesome.

Thank you. 
I stayed with Ravager. One might argue it is the worse choice but I just need some kinda of "insurance" in case my dice roll for Rampaging destroyers sucks - which it does often enough.

Gratz on the win, it's nice to see that ironjaws still got it [emoji6]
Just a question regarding ravager;
When you place the general role on a unit, you must declare as I understand it, a single model to be your general. And it is only that model who benefits for the command ability. Therefore you can't use ravager in a unit with more models, because it only that one model who is your general witch can use the move, and he can't because he's apart is a unit who do not have it.
Dos it make sense?

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, xanderhansen said:

Gratz on the win, it's nice to see that ironjaws still got it emoji6.png
Just a question regarding ravager;
When you place the general role on a unit, you must declare as I understand it, a single model to be your general. And it is only that model who benefits for the command ability. Therefore you can't use ravager in a unit with more models, because it only that one model who is your general witch can use the move, and he can't because he's apart is a unit who do not have it.
Dos it make sense?

I'm sorry to say, it does not make sense to me. :) But may I am missing something.

I'd say the unit is still within 6" of the general - so they can use it.

Also, when you use, let's say, Waaagh! then the Megaboss using/speaking it counts as an Ironjawz unit too.

I'm sorry to say, it does not make sense to me. [emoji4] But may I am missing something.
I'd say the unit is still within 6" of the general - so they can use it.
Also, when you use, let's say, Waaagh! then the Megaboss using/speaking it counts as an Ironjawz unit too.

Well it's the same with bellowing tyrant, it gives +1 to hit, but only for the model who is the general and not to the whole unit.

I don't say that you can't use your destruction move, you can just only get the +2 to the move on the model who is the general. And that's why ravager do not work when you make a model in unit with more models your general.

Just now, xanderhansen said:

Well it's the same with bellowing tyrant, it gives +1 to hit, but only for the model who is the general and not to the whole unit.

I don't say that you can't use your destruction move, you can just only get the +2 to the move on the model who is the general. And that's why ravager do not work when you make a model in unit with more models your general.

This is not how it works at all. Bellowing Tyrant allows the general to give a UNIT within d6 inches +1 to hit rolls until the next hero phase. Ravager allows all UNITS within 6" of the general to move 2" extra with Rampaging Destroyers.

This is not how it works at all. Bellowing Tyrant allows the general to give a UNIT within d6 inches +1 to hit rolls until the next hero phase. Ravager allows all UNITS within 6" of the general to move 2" extra with Rampaging Destroyers.

That make sense [emoji4]

Archived