Skaven Deathrunner as General, Bubbles and Command abilities.

Naflem

Question

I ran a Chaos Warband in skirmish yesterday with a Skaven Deathrunner as my general and fairly quickly I ran into confusion.  I suspect the issues would be the same in a full game of AOS (albeit it would probably be less likely to have a Deathrunner General in a AOS game).  The Deathrunner of course starts as two models that act separately and are treated as separate units, one of which is the general and the other is an illusion, but it is unknown which is which unit one is killed and there is a d6 roll to determine if that was the real deathrunner, or if one of the models attacks.  My question, or what came up is if I take the cunning deceiver trait do both models have the 10 inch bubble?  The folks I played with decided that I could pick one model each turn to have the bubble, but that sort of stopped making sense as in the middle of a round when it turned out the deathrunner with the bubble was revealed as the illusion, and my bubble just disappeared ...so that didn't seem to be the best solution, but there were worries if two bubbles was too powerful.  In addition to buff bubbles, the same basic question could come up with limited range targeted buffs; if I have Lord of War or Inspiring Presence can I pick either unit to measure from as far as the units in range of the buff, or what?      

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Nope, they both count as your general so you get 2 bubbles until 1 attacks or is revealed and shown to be the true deathrunner. It's not as great as you'd think as you end up attaching pretty quickly. In AoS I sometimes hide assassins in them as they have a potential to be in 2 places at once 

Archived