Bloodletter horde 2000pts

Uprising

Hello

I have decide to dust off my khorne Daemons, while I paint up my brass stampede list.  This is what I am thinking at the moment

Allegiance: Khorne
Leaders
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
- General
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown

Battleline
40 x Bloodletters (400)
40 x Bloodletters (400)
30 x Bloodletters (300)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)

Total: 1220/2000

The goal is to get the hordes in turn 1, and start going to town.  I really have no idea what to add to the list.  I want it to be semi competitive, but am still new to khorne.  What would you add and why? 

Bloodsecrator banner (extra attack)

blood stoker (bonus to charge range)

wrath of khorne bloodthirster (run & charge command ability)

First one pumps up the damage output of units, next 2 increase the threat range of the units.

Thoughts?

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline
40 x Bloodletters (400)
40 x Bloodletters (400)
30 x Bloodletters (300)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)

Total: 2000/2000

29 minutes ago, gottog said:

Max 30 Blodletters in one unit.

There is that aswell ;) 

Seriously though, I think this would work out much better:

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
- General
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown 
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (300)
30x Bloodletters (300)
10X Bloodletters (100)
10x Bloodletters (100)
10x Bloodletters (100)
10x Bloodletters (100)
10x Bloodletters (100)
10x Bloodletters (100)

Battalions
Murderhost (20)

Total: 2000/2000

It's practically the same list but I decided to remove a Herald of Khorne, which I personally think frankly isn't worth the cost unless he has a Crimson Crown :) Knowing full well what he can technically do for the Bloodletters.

The idea of this list is that it has a drastically improved speed, you can be assured that 1 30 block Bloodletters will arrive at your opponents doorstep turn 1 due to the WoK Bloodthirsters Command Ability and Bloodstoker. Though it's honestly not really required.

The drastical advantage gained out of the multitude of 10 Bloodletter blocks is that they can provide you with Blood Tithe points aswell and this can create a truely sickening endless wave of Bloodletters doing all kinds of terrible things.

Cheers,

I would personally do something like this:

120     Bloodsecrator [w/the Crimson Plate: reroll armor saves of 1]

100     Slaughterpriest (Killing Frenzy Prayer: +1 to hit)

100     Slaughterpriest (Bronzed Flesh [+1 save])

100     5 Bloodwarriors

70       10 Bloodreavers

80       Gore Pilgrims Battalion                                                                    

80       Bloodstoker [w/the Brazen Rune: 2+ vs. spells/auto-dispel]    80

100     Skullmaster [w/Crimson Crown: hit rolls of 6+ generate +1 attack]

300     30 Bloodletters

300     30 Bloodletters

200     20 Bloodletters

20       Murderhost Battalion

360     Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster [General w/Immense Power and Death Dealer]

60       Bloodlords Battalion                                                                         

This gives you almost as many Bloodletters as your current lists, it keeps your drops low (3) for competitive play, and it adds an additional threat that your opponent has to deal with (Bloodthirster will be swinging at 3+/2+/-2/d3+2 initially and spitting mortal wounds).  I obviously went for Khorne allegiance, so that gives me a different suite of items (notably the Crimson Crown which can generate additional attacks on the Bloodletters and the Brazen Rune to shut down essential spells) and prayers for the Slaughter priest (+1 to hit for the bloodletters!) which you get to reroll casting attempts because of Gore Pilgrims.  Additionally, because of Gore Pilgrims, the Bloodsecrator's banner has a 30" reach so your Bloodletter hosts will all be within range.   Also, because you're running the Bloodlords mega-battalion, all of those bloodletters have a chance for a free pile-in and swing in the Hero phase (which can also generate an additional attack from the Crimson crown). Finally, this gives you the option of either taking the first turn with a Bloodletter bomb, or playing for the double turn.

On June 2, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Killax said:

Well like the 40 Bloodletter blocks, using Bloodlords here isnt possible for matched play.

p111.jpg Must contain 3-8 of X.

Bloodlords isnt worded like The Goretide.

Why?  If I one were to take a bloodletter hero and then 3 blocks of Bloodletters, that is 3-8 units (3 specifically).  I'm not sure how that isn't fulfilling the requirement of the Murderhost within the Bloodlords.

39 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Why?  If I one were to take a bloodletter hero and then 3 blocks of Bloodletters, that is 3-8 units (3 specifically).  I'm not sure how that isn't fulfilling the requirement of the Murderhost within the Bloodlords.

Read above mate, must contain 3-8 warscroll Battalions not warscroll Units...

Archived