Community Driven Living Points for AOS Skirmish

Hey guys, as skirmish is ramping up to be pretty popular, i thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread allowing people easy access to renown points calculations for models not supported in the book. Discussion on not only pointing these models using the [(Unit Points ÷ Unit Min Size) ÷ 5 = Renown Value], but also allowing us to point these models to reflect their abilities in Skirmish as well. As one of the big draws to purchasing the book itself is the points values for supported models, we should keep the topic specifically to conversation on the unsupported model range.

I'll start off with:

points.jpg.02c2f3b4a9de38dbfbfd3954bca4daae.jpg

Views on the Devoted of Sigmar subfaction

They are quite fragile, but fairly versatile faction. Lacking magic, but having consistent unbinding and abilities that deal mortal wounds. Having cheap heroes means multiple avenues of support. With a Warrior Priest buffing a hero, a warpriest dealing mortal wounds, and a witch hunter being healed by both. Your witch hunter and excelsior warpriest can also benefit from a gryph hound. On top of this, flagellants are wicked scary in numbers!

Anyone else have their thoughts on models unsupported by the book so far?

Well the whole Destruction seems like a joke. 2 wizards with no usefull combinations (weirdnob benefits when 20 orruks are around - 20 regular orruks = 40 renown and it doesn't seem like skirmish with a mob; grot shaman - 16 pts?!!).

Bonesplitterz without their magic and abilities are useless. This is a horde army designed to fight against monsters...what can they hunt here? Khorgorath?! Why raise the points for the boss?

Switching to only plastic models makes sense in a way but for Bloodbound, Sigmarines, Tzeentch and Kharadron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I did when I got home on Saturday morning as take my existing GHBv1 spreadsheet, cull out all the entries that wouldn't make sense in Skirmish, and ran them through the renown calculation (Which of course, as per my thread about GHB2 insights from Skirmish, also told me which scrolls were pointed differently).

For those interested, here's a spreadsheet that does not have official renown and I thought would make sense in Skirmish. Note: Necropolis Knights for Tomb Kings are based on their GHB2 points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PuJFr9nZwz2K3CwU0u31AlMnuBL25B65IxUtkZJFNdE/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously, not anywhere near as pretty as hellalugosi's image.

Surely you can take more than one flagellant? :P

On maximum size in general, how many warscrolls got wratcheted down?  I haven't done a matched play GHB to the new skirmish book comparison on that yet, but I wonder if they reduced any of them.  Something I'll check out when I'm at home again.

My friend's wife does printing for a network of churches and their non profit has some commercial booklet making machines.  Apparently they have a maximum page count you can feed into them and as well pages can only be added in set amounts like 8 or 16.  So it's possible the reason GW included what they did was wanting to not have to add 8 or 16 more pages and then have to pay more because it would take a commercial binding machine instead of the cheaper booklet machines so the print company would have to charge them more.  Apparently even cheaper than the booklet machines are the automatic stapler machines.  My guess is that the project team had accounting tell them their printing budget and 40 pages stapled was what they could do unless they wanted to give up colour or go with a much cheaper page stock.

Archived