Grandfather's Sons - Skirmish Nurlge Update 1/6/17

Husslehoff

Evening all,

So with the exciting release of Skirmish I'm making a bespoke Warband to battle through the campaign.

I thought I would track their progress and painting in this thread. The plan is to battle them through the Shadespire campaign, and then refine the list around 50pts for future matched play. Dependent on my painting speed this week I will be playing against stormcast for the start of the campaign. 

Just to start it off here is the group coming together,

My intial list is; Lord of Plagues, 3 Marauders, 1 Plague Bearer. 25pts. The picture is missing the third marauder.

5929c42430ba8_IMG_4324296.JPG.2c73d52d2ebe2e868330bcafe0feae37.JPG

Will hopefully get some colour on them tomorrow!

Any suggestions or thoughts what I could add next? I'm worried about speed so have some hounds/knights lined up though I really would like to get my hand on one BlightKing too!

On 5/27/2017 at 8:27 PM, Husslehoff said:

Evening all,

So with the exciting release of Skirmish I'm making a bespoke Warband to battle through the campaign.

I thought I would track their progress and painting in this thread. The plan is to battle them through the Shadespire campaign, and then refine the list around 50pts for future matched play. Dependent on my painting speed this week I will be playing against stormcast for the start of the campaign. 

Just to start it off here is the group coming together,

My intial list is; Lord of Plagues, 3 Marauders, 1 Plague Bearer. 25pts. The picture is missing the third marauder.

5929c42430ba8_IMG_4324296.JPG.2c73d52d2ebe2e868330bcafe0feae37.JPG

Will hopefully get some colour on them tomorrow!

Any suggestions or thoughts what I could add next? I'm worried about speed so have some hounds/knights lined up though I really would like to get my hand on one BlightKing too!

Very cool idea! Might steal it ;) 

Gameplay I have no idea about the next addition. Knights seem great objective grabbers though. Maybe use the harbringer of decay as that is such an awesome model. And 6 points is easily obtained. I think I would try out the first game and the see if you feel you miss it. 

Can I ask where the double axed marauder is from? I never bought marauders but he looks dope. 

:) Thanks,

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Can I ask where the double axed marauder is from? I never bought marauders but he looks dope. 

The marauder is just the standard kit, I think the champion has an option to have a sword and an axe, I just used it on a regular guy. I'll probably use him as the champion given the extra attack. I wanted to make each marauder a little different, hence the knights shield on the sword guy.

Here's the work in progress so far.

592c4a5a24d9c_IMG_4347300.JPG.0fdfabf748c7ed5f039a8595a7b87324.JPG

Found a few more plagubearers too. So have the potential to add up to five. Aiming to convert another marauder into a packmaster looking chap and give him some hounds.

Archived