Spell choice tzeentch

przenicki1987

Hi all i make my wizards choice in my 1.5k tz but i have a little bit problem with spells what should i choose for thoose wizards

Gaunt summoner
Lord of change
Herald of tzeentch ( optionaly)
Tzaanagor shaman

Ofc in my meta we play that on each turn u can cast one type of spell

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Gaunt summoner - Probably Bolt of Tzeentch as he might be on a Balewind as your artillery piece/sniper or Shield of Fate as the best Lore of Fate spell.
Lord of change - Tzeentch's Firestorm - as it has the highest cast roll and he is the best caster.
Herald of tzeentch ( optionaly) - I would summon this dude into range - you could give it Treason of Tzeentch or Bolt of Tzeentch (if not given to the GS).
Tzaanagor shaman - Maybe Arcane Transformation - to buff the Sword on the Lord of Change.

Nico is pretty similar to how I would do it, though I'd find space to sneak Glimpse the Future in there as Destiny refilling can be so nice to have. Ultimately the way I see it is that your horror hero is almost always going to be firing his own spell so the extra spell is just for that once per game when he gets to cast twice. For that reason I quite like Fold Reality on him. 

Tzaangor shaman's spell is kinda "meh" unless you are rocking Tzaangor (which I don't personally) so I use him to cast something like Shield of Fate or Glimpse as D3 MW is pretty low output compared to other casters. 

Also remember some of your casters are both Daemons AND Arcanites, they get 1 spell from each lore. 

And don't forget about pink horrors, if you are running them, they get a spell each too. :)

Oh, and pro tip: Arcane transformation can be cast on ranged weapons. ;) (Such as say doubling the number of shots from good ole Gaunt in the shooting phase)

2 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Oh, and pro tip: Arcane transformation can be cast on ranged weapons. ;) (Such as say doubling the number of shots from good ole Gaunt in the shooting phase)

I killed a mournghoul with that one last week :D

Also remember some of your casters are both Daemons AND Arcanites, they get 1 spell from each lore. 

One spell total from either Lore, not both. This is how it is played at events. The wording could be clearer.

Here are my spell choices:

Gaunt summoner Fold reality & Glimpse of the future
Lord of change Tzeentch firestorm
Herald of tzeentch ( optionaly) Bolt of Tzeentch always when on the Balewind 2D6 Mortal wounds
Tzaanagor shamen - Glimpse sometime or bolt of tzeentch if i do not have a herald.

9 hours ago, Nico said:

One spell total from either Lore, not both. This is how it is played at events. The wording could be clearer.

I'd disagree, as written its pretty clear you get both. Whether GW intended that though its up for interpretation. Personally I will play the rules as written until presented with official clarification. If some tournaments override that, its up to them but they are altering the rules as written to do so. (Kinda like how many tournaments are banning the vortex)

45 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

I'd disagree, as written its pretty clear you get both. Whether GW intended that though its up for interpretation. Personally I will play the rules as written until presented with official clarification. If some tournaments override that, its up to them but they are altering the rules as written to do so. (Kinda like how many tournaments are banning the vortex)

Afaik no one is banning vortex now you have to pay for it

4 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Afaik no one is banning vortex now you have to pay for it

Really? I've heard most tournaments still ban it because if the enemy force has no shooting it is invincible and can hold an objective forever. I don't play competitively though so have no first hand knowledge. People in my meta, though, use that as grounds to argue that its unacceptable to field one.

Edit: Looking at ITC player packs it is banned for their events, for example the SoCal Open:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/12DbaGxgyX7yC_9PDiExE1WAZxcHVwrQ2zu9Ezyj8U_k/edit

15 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Also how I play it. Since the wording is each Arcanite/Mortal/Daemon wizard knows an additional spell from the lore of fate/change, I believe it sounds more like if they have both keywords they can one from each, as they and both a mortal/arcanite and daemon wizard. Also, it only benefits two wizards in the army, and one of those is the Gaunt Summoner, who in my eyes really should be a master of the arcane.

13 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Also how I play it. Since the wording is each Arcanite/Mortal/Daemon wizard knows an additional spell from the lore of fate/change, I believe it sounds more like if they have both keywords they can one from each, as they and both a mortal/arcanite and daemon wizard. Also, it only benefits two wizards in the army, and one of those is the Gaunt Summoner, who in my eyes really should be a master of the arcane.

It definately could be clearer, but events so far have all ruled that you choose one lore, not get one from each, so if your considering playing at events then its best to go down that route. 

3 minutes ago, KnightFire said:

It definately could be clearer, but events so far have all ruled that you choose one lore, not get one from each, so if your considering playing at events then its best to go down that route. 

Yay let's house nerf Tzeentch more so skyfires are the only viable option....which people also want to nerf..

4 hours ago, przenicki1987 said:

I will ask again mates how u want to play 2x bolt when u use balewind was it mistake what u wrote or did i not check rules correctly

Herald of Tzeentch has a d6 mortal wounds d spell. If he rolls a 9 or higher, he can cast 2 spells a turn, so he can also cast the bolt of change spell for another d6 mortal. 

3 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Yay let's house nerf Tzeentch more so skyfires are the only viable option....which people also want to nerf..

As a tzeentch player, I can tell you 100% that skyfires need a nerf, once they are appropriately costed we will see some more interseting lists coming out. Skyfires arent the only viable option, they are the clearly broken option that you can put together without having to think.

I don't see only being allowed to pick from one of the lores as a nerf, its obviously how it was intended and is played that way anyway. Preventing people doing something they dont do anyway isnt a nerf. 

Herald of Tzeentch has a d6 mortal wounds d spell. If he rolls a 9 or higher, he can cast 2 spells a turn, so he can also cast the bolt of change spell for another d6 mortal. 

Yup but as i thought u can play 1 type of spell per turn so u can cast 1 bolt plus one another spell

2 minutes ago, przenicki1987 said:

Yup but as i thought u can play 1 type of spell per turn so u can cast 1 bolt plus one another spell

I have no idea what you are talking about. The herald has a spell on his warscroll called "Pink fire of Tzeentch". He casts that, then he casts the bolt of change spell. If he has picked that spell, there is nothing stopping him from casting both of these spells in one turn. 

6 minutes ago, KnightFire said:

I don't see only being allowed to pick from one of the lores as a nerf, its obviously how it was intended and is played that way anyway. Preventing people doing something they dont do anyway isnt a nerf. 

Except it isn't obvious and that it's only seen that way as a few influential people say it is...

Clear is.

"Each wizard knows an additional spell from their chosen lore" 

given the fact that they clearly explain what lore you can choose from depending on keywords, thus making it perfectly clear. 

Not what is currently written which allows interpreting. 

Gaunt summoner are incredibly powerful wizards, it makes sense to grant then more options, they can't cast more spells just have more to choose from.

This strengthens magic and makes it more interesting, allowing greater variance of spells and opens more tactics up, limiting it just means people will pick the strongest spell unless they're speicifcally aiming for something. Boring.

Archived